Expectations..for the rest of the season!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chavs are too far ahead, we have a potential title winning team but two things.

1 have European football is obviously a disadvantage

2 two seasons in a row we have had a slow start relative to other title competing teams

We at least have to solve number 2 to win the title. This season our aim should be a cup the FA or Europa League would be a tremendous achievement and I wouldn't be so miserable about either Chavs or maybe Liverpool winning the league then.

Expectations:

- Player perspective I expect Winks to get more game time and show he is a first 11 player, maybe an Edwards cameo. I really feel Janssen and Nkoudou will begin to adapt and provide much needed depth. Rest of our mostly young team will get better as well especially Alli.

- with Poch I like the more pragmatic tactical approach and I expect more variations this season.

- last season at the old Lane, going to be an emotional send off.

Chavs are too far ahead, we have a potential title winning team but two things.

1 have European football is obviously a disadvantage

2 two seasons in a row we have had a slow start relative to other title competing teams

We at least have to solve number 2 to win the title. This season our aim should be a cup the FA or Europa League would be a tremendous achievement and I wouldn't be so miserable about either Chavs or maybe Liverpool winning the league then.

Expectations:

- Player perspective I expect Winks to get more game time and show he is a first 11 player, maybe an Edwards cameo. I really feel Janssen and Nkoudou will begin to adapt and provide much needed depth. Rest of our mostly young team will get better as well especially Alli.

- with Poch I like the more pragmatic tactical approach and I expect more variations this season.

- last season at the old Lane, going to be an emotional send off.

I agree, we got off to a slow start, again, which surprised me. I thought Poch would get us going from the start this time, but it means we are handicapped by that, and so unless we are able to beat Chelsea and that causes them to falter, I don't think we can catch them with their lead. I think we are in a good position for top four though, I don't think some of the other teams have got good enough defenses to avoid costly loses in the second half of the season. We have also had our fair share of injuries. It's random, but if our rivals suffer key injuries it could really hurt them. Or us, if we have further bad luck on that front.

I hope we make something of the FA cup or Europa League, we are good enough to win either.

Top 4.

We can mirror Chelsea's 3-4-3. Maybe 3-4-2-1. Mark Hughes gave a sneak preview of how to do it, but we have the better players to execute the strategy.

It's good to go deep, but sometimes you need to just pull out.
i-like-where-this-is-going-o.gif

I like where this is going. Do continue.

The 2 domestic cups will probably be won by a team in the top 6. The league cup is between Liverpool and MU but if we think we are as good as the other top 5 teams then why not us winning the FA Cup after all these years.

Dont think we will get in top 4, which considering how poor we were in the cl this season, its probably just aswell. Completely out of our depth in it.

But we are more than capable of winning the fa cup which would be bloody brilliant. If we get lucky in the draw we might even win the europa cup

Back
Top Bottom