Everton Vs Tottenham - Sunday 23rd Dec 4pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely both are bullshit tho. .?

They are now.

It was right before the game started. However, we'd only played two games on a Sunday all season (Watford and Woolwich) and have only been behind first in three games all season (Liverpool, City, Woolwich).

What a day yesterday, on the beer all day, pissing down of rain till we got in arckles, pub. Sitting next to a bloke wearing a red & white woolly hat, had words with him until me mate changed places with me to keep us apart. Turns out he's Welsh hence the red & White hat :avbfacepalm:
Anyway what a win, and the Spurs singing 'Sky tv is fucking shite'.
Still got hangover today, never mind
COYS?

Kinda weird we're only title contenders now. We've been around 5 points behind the leaders for most the season, yet it's only after we get close to city that we are deemed in the title race.

This has to be the earliest we've been called contenders though. in 2016 it wasn't until after the 1-3 at palace in January. In 2017 it wasn't until the 0-2 at Burnley in April.

I guess I'll take it.
Honestly I feel we’re getting a lot of praise right now because they’ve propped up Poch so they’re trying to keep us relevant with the league leaders.

Tbf, I think it was for his Grandad who died recently.
Everton fan here. I was having a little look on your site the day before the game and thought I’d come on again. There has been a few posters on here less than complimentary about us but I know we all have our little bug bears ha ha. Just wanted to congratulate you on your performance yesterday. We were awful but your finishing was clinical and you played really well. I’ve always thought we were quite similar as clubs but you have obviously stepped up a level. I think all neutral clubs admire the way spurs go about their business and I hope you continue your success and mount a challenge for the league. I’d be made up if you won it. Anyway I wish you all a lovely Christmas and new year. By the way what a fucking player Son is? So underrated

Everton fan here. I was having a little look on your site the day before the game and thought I’d come on again. There has been a few posters on here less than complimentary about us but I know we all have our little bug bears ha ha. Just wanted to congratulate you on your performance yesterday. We were awful but your finishing was clinical and you played really well. I’ve always thought we were quite similar as clubs but you have obviously stepped up a level. I think all neutral clubs admire the way spurs go about their business and I hope you continue your success and mount a challenge for the league. I’d be made up if you won it. Anyway I wish you all a lovely Christmas and new year. By the way what a fucking player Son is? So underrated
Nice one. You're where we were 6-7 years ago. Stick with it. We lost to Liverpool about 15-0 before improving.

Happy Christmas, Paul.

How do you rate Marco Silva?

Nice one. You're where we were 6-7 years ago. Stick with it. We lost to Liverpool about 15-0 before improving.
We only lost heavily under AVB in his final season - what are you on about? Can’t recall a heavy loss since Jol - we even had a positive record under Redknapp, iirc

We only lost heavily under AVB in his final season - what are you on about? Can’t recall a heavy loss since Jol - we even had a positive record under Redknapp, iirc
Can't recall a heavy loss since Jol.

Only lost heavily under AVB.

Funny contradiction.

What I was "on about" was the 0-5 loss to Liverpool.

Can't recall a heavy loss since Jol.

Only lost heavily under AVB.

Funny contradiction.

What I was "on about" was the 0-5 loss to Liverpool.
Sorry - you must have had me at 15:0 loss then. We also lost 4:0 under Tim few months later but prior to that our record was very good actually. You said ‘before improving’ - we’ve beaten them once since then

Cheers. I’ve always thought of Everton as part of the traditional big six, and like us you’re a sleeping giant (though we’ve started to wake up in recent years).

Personally don’t have any issues with your team or fans (though your support do seem to love a boo!). Goodison is definitely one of the great stadiums in the UK. I’m sure you’ll be back up there eventually, and your new stadium will help with that. Have a good Christmas.

48428219_2115386591886835_4474944043658248192_n.jpg
The fact that he says your team is superb, he really does see himself as a Spurs fan... Loved JJ as a player, even with his flaws, but as a pundit he s better than he ever was on the pitch

The fact that he says your team is superb, he really does see himself as a Spurs fan... Loved JJ as a player, even with his flaws, but as a pundit he s better than he ever was on the pitch
Loved JJ - became a scapegoat at the time for many shit performances much like Sissoko atm. Always speaks well of the club and sounds quite knowledgeable

Back
Top Bottom