Everton - The comedy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The PL seem so complicit in their downfall. Instead of saying yes to 777 providing those conditions are met (which they don’t seem to be anywhere near to satisfying. Eg. They’ve 6 weeks to find £500m, when they haven’t been able to show they have it for 7 months!) instead of just a flat no then Moshiri would have had no alternative but to find a different purchaser. Yet by saying yes, all the PL have done is delay the pain.

It makes me wonder about this owners test and the legality of it, should it be challenged. Why else has no purchaser failed it (as far as I’m aware)?

The PL seem so complicit in their downfall. Instead of saying yes to 777 providing those conditions are met (which they don’t seem to be anywhere near to satisfying. Eg. They’ve 6 weeks to find £500m, when they haven’t been able to show they have it for 7 months!) instead of just a flat no then Moshiri would have had no alternative but to find a different purchaser. Yet by saying yes, all the PL have done is delay the pain.

It makes me wonder about this owners test and the legality of it, should it be challenged. Why else has no purchaser failed it (as far as I’m aware)?
I think it's 100% on Moshiri, he has a duty of care to get the best deal for the shareholders. This means sourcing several potential buyers. Look at the Utd deal for how it's meant to be done, the eventual two remaining bidders then found themselves putting in multiple bids (x4?? It think) with each bid the price rose, and the structure changed etc... Even the Chav deal which was ultimately the Government selling it (and we know how utterly shit they are) had potential bidders falling over themselves to buy a distressed asset which ultimately went to double what it should have been.

Moshiri has done fuck all. He has one interested party and this party is as dodgy as hell. It is Moshiri that has allowed 777 to entwine themselves into the Club with huge loans, some at ridiculous interest rates. But where are the other interested parties? We are led to believe that there are numerous consortiums circling PL Clubs from all reaches of the World, yet all Moshiri has come up with is 777 partners.

A lot also can be traced back to Usmanov who was the money and power behind Moshiri who was just a frontman for him. Very little has been made of the £20m!!!! pa training ground sponsorship deal and a one off £30m future sponsorship deal for the new stadium (amounted to £100m paid by Usmanov), there are rules in place regarding what is "fair value" for sponsorship deals coming from owners etc, yet not a fucking peep from the PL, Everton even had the cheek to use this lack of sponsorship money after he was sanctioned as some mitigation defence in their penalty appeal! (For context Utd AON training ground deal was £18m pa = One of the biggest 3 clubs in the world!!).

I don't want to defend the PL, I think up to eventually going after Chavs they've shown zero interest in policing the by going after dodgy owners, penalising clubs blatantly cheating by cooking their books. And you are right that they could have dismissed 777 out of hand immediately or at least much sooner. But there is only one man to blame for this and that's Moshiri (or Usmanov behind the scenes).

Back
Top Bottom