Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It wasn't a dive either... The guy fell on Son's ankle.... Sometimes you have to roll with such a thing to avoid injury.

It should have been a pen.

It was virtually a carbon copy of the Mane one at Leicester, there was initial contact and then the player dived to win the penalty.

The difference is the Mane one was given, I think we all know why. Klopp is the new Ferguson, Liverpool even benefit from Fergie time now.

I don't think either was a pen, due to the exaggerated dive, but one got given ours didn't which is starting to feel very familiar, there is zero consistency.

Last edited:
It was virtually a carbon copy of the Mane one at Leicester, there was initial contact and then the player dived to win the penalty.

The difference is the Mane one was given, I think we all know why. Klopp is the new Ferguson, Liverpool even benefit from Fergie time now.

An infuriating combo of Fergie's United and the spawny fucking luck of Wenger's Scum.

Last edited:
If the contact is pen worthy it shouldn't matter.
True - but it does matter. If the ref sees theatricals he's less likely to award a foul, especially in the box. Any manager worth his salt should instruct his players not to do it. Just fall over ffs, it's far more authentic.

This mixture of posts is doing my head in. First sexual experience and fake diving - hard to tell which is which sometimes.

...then I flew up in the air and hit the damp ground, moaning and writhing. The whole thing lasted no more than 3 seconds, but...

A. I got a free kick for it.
B. She just got up and went off with her mates.

I don't think either was a pen, due to the exaggerated dive, but one got given ours didn't which is starting to feel very familiar, there is zero consistency.

Exaggerating the foul doesn't make it not one, and this was a blatant one.

At the end of the day, Son's tackle resulted in a man getting a serious injury.

Yes, it seems the contact from Son did not cause the break; but had Son not made to foul; Gomez would be walking around today.

So, lets look a scenario where a ‘minor’ offence has different punishment depending on the outcome.

I’m in a pub. Somebody spills my drink so I push them.
  1. He stumbles and walks away. – No punishment.
  2. He stumbles, spills his own drink and slips on the floor – Pub will probably throw you out - Yellow card
  3. He stumbles, falls over and hits his head on the floor. He gets a concussion – Your getting arrested for ABH – RED CARD
wanker

It's a bit lost in the shuffle but how on Earth did we not get a pen for Son getting rolled on? Yes he made more of it but that doesn't negate the actual activity that was penalty worthy.

Having a son who played for his local side, I remember only too well the first time he was selected and the excitement of that moment.
I just imagined Ryan's proud parents sitting there all afternoon watching Eriksen's turgid performance and then seeing their boy come on for just 60 seconds. Any other sub to time waste but not him.
team effort and all.... cream will always rise ....

A few people seemed to suggest we’d play better without Winks. If anything our play was even slower and more horizontal
Everton would have been a good time to get Winks in. He's most useful when we are going to have 50%+ possession. Winks is trouble against teams like Liverpool/Man City where we will spend a majority of the time defending.

It was bad game management , he should have taken off Eriksen or Lucas and chucked on Dier to stick another tall defensive minded player on. Poch hasnt learned from prevoius times in this kinda situation,

Turgid afternoon.

- Was never a sending off for Son, has to be overturned
- Was not a pen for Son, there was contact but it was also a blatant dive
- Alli handball was correctly not given
- Poch said our performance was good - it wasn't, but Everton were just shocking so it looked like we had some control
- Playing Eriksen is now clearly an ego thing from the Argie prick to give credence to his theory that no new players could possible walk into the team and make an impact before 18 months

We're in for a torrid season. Even if we make signings in Jan they won't play till April so will have no impact. I imagine we finish 7th/8th and then hopefully Poch walks. Who knows what happens in the summer, but we could be looking at a return to mid table mediocrity until we can begin with the next cycle of talented, young, hungry players as we did 5 years ago.

Thought I'd be proactive, just in case this threat gets extended.

Standing up on Great Yarmouth beach, in the cold wind, against a beach hut. I was too young to know about the finer arts and tried to go in dry.

The lucky lady was Sue from Darlington. Her boyfriend called me a week or so later and told my mum he was going to kill me.

I imagine she remembers the romantic moment as fondly as I do
Is that why you moved to Spain?

Indecently I will bang on about Dier until my dying breath, he is NOT Iniesta BUT he is one of the reasons why we never let in so many goals two years ago when playing regularly. He drops in between the centre backs when we haven't got the ball and makes it bloody hard to score against, Sissoko does not do this ( I except his strenght's are elsewhere)but its what we need at the moment. Dier and Ndombele seem like a partnership made for each other if only Poch would give it a go.

I hope this ends the the stupid "should have played Moura in the CL final" bollocks once and for all.

Harry Kane is not perfect, and never at his best when rushed back from in jury, but I'll take him on one fucking leg over Moura leading the line all day.

Hilarious!!!!

Talk about a poster taking advantage of a situation to help pump his agenda

Outside opinion:

Son: Dived. No Pen. > Yellow = Sent off after Gomez challenge regardless.
Richarlison: No dive. Pen (Not given due to previous shenanigans)
Dele: Handball. Pen.

Ergo: 3-1 loss.

Anyone take a point on that basis? :saha:

Thought I'd be proactive, just in case this threat gets extended.

Standing up on Great Yarmouth beach, in the cold wind, against a beach hut. I was too young to know about the finer arts and tried to go in dry.

The lucky lady was Sue from Darlington. Her boyfriend called me a week or so later and told my mum he was going to kill me.

I imagine she remembers the romantic moment as fondly as I do

Is Sue still in therapy?

Back
Top Bottom