Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Other than the illnesses that has blighted him, anyone know any other reasons?
Know hes always had his detractors but I, for one, miss him. Wanyama too.
Steve73, agree with you heartily.
Rothko. Dier has basically been MIA since the world cup last summer when the press started fawning over Tottenham's "cultured" midfielder.

What are you basing this on?

An EPL statement has already been issued to the contrary (see Son thread) and all subsequent debate in the media is operating on the basis that it was MA's decision alone.
On what I heard at the time and directly after the game. All Sky coverage,

"VAR did not intervene, with the Premier league releasing a statement saying Son had ‘endangered the safety of the player’ with the injury happening ‘as a consequence of his initial challenge’."

Fair enough. I'm wrong but my subconscious tell me the facts are being manipulated after the event to circle the wagons.

Fair enough. I'm wrong but my subconscious tell me the facts are being manipulated after the event to circle the wagons.

We'll likely never know....

I wouldn't put such dirty tactics past them, but why hang the ref out to dry when the whole VAR thing is proving to be about nothing more than vindicating the refs even if they are wrong.

We'll likely never know....

I wouldn't put such dirty tactics past them, but why hang the ref out to dry when the whole VAR thing is proving to be about nothing more than vindicating the refs even if they are wrong.
I don't see it as "dirty" tactics, just think that the authorities will ensure a singular narrative that aligns everyone apart from us to ensure that (Everton should be excluded obviously) there's a consistent message across the media channels. VAR is under more scrutiny than ever - because it's shit and isn't working. Whatever the incident the truth will never be admitted to.

Truth be damned.

I don't see it as "dirty" tactics, just think that the authorities will ensure a singular narrative that aligns everyone apart from us to ensure that (Everton should be excluded obviously) there's a consistent message across the media channels. VAR is under more scrutiny than ever - because it's shit and isn't working. Whatever the incident the truth will never be admitted to.

Truth be damned.

....But surely if the ref WAS initially advised to give a red; to later deny this is throwing him under the bus? Not exaclty universal 'alignment'. Pretty dirty of them from the Ref's perspective... And the perspective of truth obviously.

"Whatever the incident the truth will never be admitted to."

Indeed.

Not even joking. Sacked this shit off and gone for a bath.

I like you and all, but I wouldn’t put sheep through that bath. Fuck’s sake mate, sort it out. State of that grouting. Does your missus go in that bath? Yikes. It looks like something students would cook up their poisonous biryanis in.

Last edited:
I like you and all, but I wouldn’t put sheep through that bath. Fuck’s sake mate, sort it out. State of that grouting. Does your missus go in that bath? Yikes. It looks like something students would cook up their poisonous biryanis in.
You noticed the grout. I noticed that our furry friend has normal feet.

Back
Top Bottom