Europe

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Firstly I must apology if this thread is a duplicate or clone. I do not post here often and I am not fully aware of the social laws of the forum.

To the point, am I the only one who just does not see the point of the Europa league. I just feel as if this competition will cause us more harm than good this season. Coming back from Russia on a Friday after noon to face a team that raises their game against us is just not what we need this season.

Besides it has very little financial value and will result in further injuries down the line.

I would just prefer it if we focused on top four this season and one of the domestic cups

Coys

Before it devolves into a 'is the Europa league worth it at all ever' thread, I'd suggest that the draw has uniquely screwed us by giving us weak opposition but fucking far away.

Recovery is a factor and we have a day less to prepare for the league games. Having said that, we should be able to perform on two fronts purely because that's what we'll need to do in the Champions' League.

If we ever want to be a top team that plays in CL and challenges for the league we need to learn how to handle a midweek European game and dispatch with lesser opponents at home 3 days later. Enough with using EL as an excuse. We can and should have handled this game Russia or no Russia

Our squad is big enough for a lot of rotation during the group stage. Also it'll give fringe players a chance to play (Defoe) Hopefully we should qualify for the knockout stage with a couple of games to spare so we can rotate even more/ give the kids a game and have key players not travel with the team. Once we're into the knockout stages it becomes a lot more interesting with the home/away tie format and higher quality opposition. I for one quite enjoy it. Also the actual cup is pretty sexual looking

I already said it's a load of shit and a distraction, I don't even bother watching most europa league matches...'oooh we looked cracking against Dynamo boom shaka laka' but then we're all tired out and get turned over by the likes of west fucking ham.

Back
Top Bottom