Europa League vs Gent (20.05KO)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

as I blatantly can't count to 13, I've added the hull and palace games back in to our fixture list.

I'm not sure we could fudge a better fixture list. We definitely should be finishing with more points this season - no excuses really, is there?

I think it's glaring, but no one wants to admit it.

Managerial naivety. We've seen it in nearly every game this calendar year.

It never looks like we've bothered to study the opposition, yet teams play us and know exactly what our weaknesses are.

IMO, our glaring weakness which no one wants to admit is lack of a legitimate scoring threat. Most of Harry's goals are due to poke ins and PK's. He's an excellent striker but requires pristine service. We need a creator at the tip of the spear.

When Dele got sent off, it felt like 2013 or something. Been awhile since I felt a pure, unblemished suffering like that.

And the first goal we conceded, an OG by Harry from a corner that never should have been a corner.......

You can't make this shit up if you tried.

COYS

IMO, our glaring weakness which no one wants to admit is lack of a legitimate scoring threat. Most of Harry's goals are due to poke ins and PK's. He's an excellent striker but requires pristine service. We need a creator at the tip of the spear.
Mr Harry struggles on a bigger pitch, Im afraid to say. He cant cover space quickly. At WHL its tight and suits his game. Those few extra yards on bigger pitches, don't bother some players but for Harry, its a few too many and defenders have those extra yards to pick up pace against him. Walker is better as with some others are. The size of the pitch shouldn't matter but does and will effect the naturally slower (professional level slow) players like kane.

Ok so a couple of days have passed. Looking back, I'm not that bothered about being out of the Europa cup, if we can now concentrate on securing second place in the PL, get to Wembley in the FA Cup, ideally win it and make Wembley ours for the next two seasons.
The biggest negative was Dele.

The problem with this forum is the minute one negatron gets pushed off the site, e.g. Greaves646, or one gets converted, e.g. Sammyspurs, another cunt pops his head up and you've to go through and explain all the same facts again. It's a never ending game of whack attack with cunts popping up from everywhere. A thouroughly pointless, yet seductive, trap to fall into. And people think the trolls are the problem. At least they create a little excitement

Ok so a couple of days have passed. Looking back, I'm not that bothered about being out of the Europa cup, if we can now concentrate on securing second place in the PL, get to Wembley in the FA Cup, ideally win it and make Wembley ours for the next two seasons.
The biggest negative was Dele.
Yea, I've calmed down now and I'm not overly fussed anymore.

I will not say the same if we fuck the F.A. Cup up though.

The thing about the Europa league is that it's a fucking nightmare to win and concentrate on league

Sevilla won last 3 and have finished 5th, 5th and 7th in Spain last 3 seasons

I said after Thursday easiest silverware for us is FA Cup with Wembley after Milwall and easiest CL qualification is league, no need for that Europa minefield, United fly out to Russia next month, they have a chance with their resources but will need all of Mourinhos skill to juggle it all

Everytime they crash out of a competition to teams they should be beating. They deserve the slack, what do you think Poch tells them in the dressing room? Do you think he's happy

Stop comparaing your stance to Poch's, you called us a bunch losers that will never win anything.

I doubt Poch is using those words, despite being not happy about certain performances.
Its funny that your slating came after a really valiant effort, where the fight was the best and most intense Ive seen from us even with one man less.

You confuse the end result with the performance. Play well and lose (draw), and you see no positives, because "we should have won comfortably"....its why people say you lack understanding of the game.

Is that a fact, or made up?

(clue: it's not a fact)

Hi guys!

I'm sorry about you feel embarrassed to have lost against us.
I met several of your fans and they all were class, except one dickhead who called our team sh*t before the game, but never mind that :).

We are a bunch of supporters that like a bit of absurd banter, for us this feels insane.
After the second goal the scenes in our stands were truly fking mental. I started screaming uncontrollably for about 5 minutes at random intervals.

Lots of love from Gent!

Hi guys!

I'm sorry about you feel embarrassed to have lost against us.
I met several of your fans and they all were class, except one dickhead who called our team sh*t before the game, but never mind that :).

We are a bunch of supporters that like a bit of absurd banter, for us this feels insane.
After the second goal the scenes in our stands were truly fking mental. I started screaming uncontrollably for about 5 minutes at random intervals.

Lots of love from Gent!
Gent supporting Mates and me were in the Spurs end, got into bit of trouble when the first went in as they started celebrating and then they realised about 150 people looking at them angrily lol. Rest of the game was spent in silent agony and stress while in your end it was absolute carnage.

Gent supporting Mates and me were in the Spurs end, got into bit of trouble when the first went in as they started celebrating and then they realised about 150 people looking at them angrily lol. Rest of the game was spent in silent agony and stress while in your end it was absolute carnage.
Were you in the top tier nearish the half way line?

I think we've looked better in some areas, but not in others.

This season we've got 2 more points after 25 games than we did last season - winning one more and drawing one less. We've also scored one more (46 vs 45) and conceded one less (18 vs 19).

Last season, with our final 13 games, we won 6, drew 4 and lost 3.

Our final 13 games this season are:

H - Stoke
H - Everton
H - Southampton
A - Burnley
A - Swansea
H - Watford
H- Bournemouth
A - Leicester
H - Woolwich cunts
A - West Athletics Ltd
H - Man Utd
A - Hull

and then Palace was postponed, so shoe horn that away game in somewhere.

On paper, we shouldn't be dropping points to many there. How he handles those games will define what he's learnt this season.
The problem is that the competition is harder this season and I think we will need more points than last year to get 4th or better.

Or to find a method of playing with 2 up top at times. Not yet a crime and Janssen can obviously still come good.

We are talking of fine-tuning here.

Back
Top Bottom