EUROPA LEAGUE: Lazio (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking scumbags.

Sadly the minority have tarnished the reputation of Italian supporters even further.

They HAVE to be banned now. UEFA simply cannot ignore this.

The fact they have to go in armed to the teeth shows how cowardly they actually are... I'm not in for football violence at all, but I hope some of our boys fucked at least a couple of them up.

tehTrunk tehTrunk made a good point on twitter, this incident took place away from the ground so there's not much UEFA can do, it's a police matter.

They could give Lazio a fine but I don't think they'll get banned for this.

utter scum... hopefully this inspires the Spurs and they dedicate our win to the travelling fans and those who were injured.

I wish all the Tottenham fans a speedy recovery.....

COYS

I agree that it's a policing matter but the club cannot be absolved of any responsibility.

The fans are a representation of the club, home or way, it doesn't matter. For this to not happen again, teams must be banned, play matches on a neutral territory or played behind closed doors.

A message needs to be sent, lets not forget that they've already received a punishment for racially abusing Spurs players.

This is one step too far IMO.

Can see it getting pretty lively out there now.

Hopefully everyone makes it back in one piece (and if a few Lazio 'ultras' get smashed to bits that's always a bonus)

Its a police matter but I'm sure the home crowd will display some good old fashion fascism and monkey chanting later on so UEFA can do their thang.

It would definitely be reported in the press as being 'football related' but not sure that the club would face any punishment in that sort of scenario. Like the Parsons Green thing a few years back, I don't think the club ever got any punishment over that (I might be wrong)

It would definitely be reported in the press as being 'football related' but not sure that the club would face any punishment in that sort of scenario. Like the Parsons Green thing a few years back, I don't think the club ever got any punishment over that (I might be wrong)
exactly

On Saturday I'm going to Rome for my holiday. When the draw was made, I considered changing my flight to go to the match. Then I remebered their fans are so aggro. It's so preictable. The cabineri do nothing when it comes to football related violence in Rome. The Met police wouldn't stand back and watch us smash some opposing fans up in the West End the night before a game. Found this on the Huffington Post:

ENGLISH FANS' TROUBLES IN ROME
  • 1984: Liverpool fans stabbed by Roma fans in the aftermath of their European Cup final victory.
  • 2001: In both February and December Liverpool fans stabbed in buttocks after matches against Roma.
  • 2006: Three Middlesbrough fans stabbed.
  • 2007: In April and December matches, several Manchester United fans are stabbed.
  • 2009: Woolwich fan suffers suspected stab wound before round-of-16 tie with Roma.
  • 2009: Manchester United fans stabbed in buttocks near ground.
·
Now Spurs fans in 2012. When will it stop?

Back
Top Bottom