Ernie Wooley - The Ultimate Yid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Many thanks. Really grateful for the time taken to elaborate. I myself am East End born and bred, although moved slightly out to the Essex borders in 2001, so always of value to reflect on local history.
Pleasure. I'm norf Londer but living in East End now (past 15yrs) and I've taken a real liking to London history inspired primarily by Peter Ackroyd' TV serialisation of his book on London, I then bought the book and couldn't put it down (he did another on The Thames which I couldn't get into).

If you like a bit of London history then this is a shitty copy of the first episode, they are often taken down for copywrite but just search and you might find better quality and the other episodes.

Bumping this thread because I've just watched this Documentary by the BBC "Fascism and Football", it focuses on the regimes of Mussolini, Hitler and Franco, so I thought it fitted well for this thread. I'm big on my football documentaries so surprised this one past me by. Anyway, it's fucking excellent, it includes the German game played at WHL.

As part of the documentary, there is a story told, that I hadn't ever heard before, about the Austrian star footballer Matthias Sindelar known as "The Paper Man", which is amazing and well worth watching just for that alone. It got my interest up so I did some further googling and found that Tifo Football had also done a vid on it (god Tifo are good) I've posted that too.

Back
Top Bottom