Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the end we set out to create chances by bombarding their back four, it worked we created loads let's face it with some better finishing it could have been 3 - 7 ....
Of course. We could have scored 10. Jose got it 100% right.
Dier did a good job today. JM gave him game time to get him match fit for games to come.
If Toby wasn't tired then we don't concede.

This dier bashing is unfair he did ok today. Wasn't the best on the pitch or the worst. There should not be a focus to single out certain individuals all the time

I thought he did ok today. Not the player of a few years ago but did ok. I was thinking winksy wasn’t doing as well then he put that ball through and we got the pen and then the goal so sometimes we just don’t know

He was alright yesterday. But watching his 180 is like watching a noble bulldog standing at the bow of a rotating canal barge. Not good enough for our aspirations.

He was alright yesterday. But watching his 180 is like watching a noble bulldog standing at the bow of a rotating canal barge. Not good enough for our aspirations.
Nothing noble about bulldogs. They're horrifically deformed and congenitally diseased animals that can't even reproduce of their own accord without artificial insemination and cesarean delivery.

Played alright considering his inability to shift his hips in tight spaces. I was surprised Villa didn’t target him whenever he got the ball. He has never shied away from a forward pass, which I always liked about the guy, but he still gives me the nerves every time he is in the midfield, attempting to play football.

He isn’t the fix, the solution, or any savior, but he didn’t fuck anything up yesterday.

I'm not a Eric Dier basher but he is just not good enough. He can make a living in championship and that is about it.

Played alright considering his inability to shift his hips in tight spaces. I was surprised Villa didn’t target him whenever he got the ball. He has never shied away from a forward pass, which I always liked about the guy, but he still gives me the nerves every time he is in the midfield, attempting to play football.

He isn’t the fix, the solution, or any savior, but he didn’t fuck anything up yesterday.

He let Grealish walk round him in the build up to their corner/second goal, it was like he was a giant weeble.

He also gave the ball away with30% of his passes.

I actually think Dier's slowly coming out of a deep trough and he may be quite good next season - or just possibly even towards the end of this season. Hopefully the Summer will help him get the fitness and sharpness he needs at this level.

Currently he's very lucky to be given any time on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom