Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sure, but we watch Spurs every week so comparing two players stat-wise is just a way of proving a point. I don't really watch many other Premier League teams so I wouldn't compare them without watching - I always thought Dier made less tackles but intercepted (the way Poch likes it) by closing down passing avenues. Wanyama doesn't do this, instead he seems to allow the opponent to get the ball first, hoping to nick the ball on the first touch, he done it numerous times today and Pogba and Carrick were just winning fouls or picking round him. I'd say today was Wanyama's worst game in a Spurs shirt.
First half against CSKA and today have been his worse games agreed.

Silly season starting up early.....

‘UNHAPPY’ DIER IS BAYERN AND CHELSEA TARGET
Just days after being told that ‘European superpowers’ want Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, we hear that both Chelsea and Bayern Munich are interested in Eric Dier. It’s a wonder our England side is not world-beaters.

Dier is said to be worried about his place in England’s team because he is not playing regularly for Tottenham. He would surely be better off worrying about the form which has led to him being replaced in midfield by Victor Wanyama.

To be fair, he might fare quite well in a three-man defence at Chelsea but we’re finding it hard to believe he would get near that Bayern side. Alongside The Ox, presumably.

Clearly not seen this....

The press is starting to piss me off. Have they made their way through any other team's players like this? Kane, Hugo, Kane again, Dele, Rose, now Dier - they won't leave our players alone. Don't see them doing that with other teams to that extent. :dembelefingers:

The press is starting to piss me off. Have they made their way through any other team's players like this? Kane, Hugo, Kane again, Dele, Rose, now Dier - they won't leave our players alone. Don't see them doing that with other teams to that extent. :dembelefingers:

To be fair, they're pretty obsessed with Ozil & Sanchez not having signed contract extensions yet...

but yes, with us, it always seems the Press are subtly suggesting that our players are constantly frustrated with a Spursy way of life... and hoping they see the error of their ways, so they up sticks and move somewhere more 'acceptable' to the Sports Media... like Manchester, or Madrid!!

Silly season starting up early.....

‘UNHAPPY’ DIER IS BAYERN AND CHELSEA TARGET
Just days after being told that ‘European superpowers’ want Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, we hear that both Chelsea and Bayern Munich are interested in Eric Dier. It’s a wonder our England side is not world-beaters.

Dier is said to be worried about his place in England’s team because he is not playing regularly for Tottenham. He would surely be better off worrying about the form which has led to him being replaced in midfield by Victor Wanyama.

To be fair, he might fare quite well in a three-man defence at Chelsea but we’re finding it hard to believe he would get near that Bayern side. Alongside The Ox, presumably.

Clearly not seen this....

the United fixture was the only game Dier hasn't started this season, injuries aside obviously. Clearly "out of favour" :pocheyes:

I think 'the Press' are conveniently forgetting where Dier started his career for us...
we bought him as a CB/utility CDM... and that's where he's played pretty much ALL season, except Sunday!
So yeah, I'd say that's hardly reason enough for him to genuinely be knocking on the manager's door demanding a transfer... but hey, you tell these hacks that!!

Now if Alli is sold... I'd imagine Dier won't be far behind!!! They'll stay and go as a pair now I reckon...
Kinda like an upgrade on Little Lord Etherington and Simon Davies if you will!!

Pochettino has rubbished reports about Dier.
" we have some pages to fill"
" who's not played as much as last season"
" well dier has not played in DM that much"
" right Bayern and Chelsea want him, the 2 teams topping their leagues"
Despite Chelsea having Just paid 30m for kante and it's Chelsea

We need two people to play in the DM role it's a squad game. Dier would start far more for us than he would for Bayern or Chelsea .
Yep. He is (imo) one of the best out there in his position. He is also very versatile. However, a lot of the top teams already have cover there. The team screaming out for a Dier type is United. They are the cunts to watch out for trying to unsettle him. They have form for it. And he would walk into their team right now. Keeping him happy whilst developing under Poch won't be easy because he deserves to play every week. But he has only missed 2 games this season. Hardly frozen out...

Yep. He is (imo) one of the best out there in his position. He is also very versatile. However, a lot of the top teams already have cover there. The team screaming out for a Dier type is United. They are the cunts to watch out for trying to unsettle him. They have form for it. And he would walk into their team right now. Keeping him happy whilst developing under Poch won't be easy because he deserves to play every week. But he has only missed 2 games this season. Hardly frozen out...

ironic, considering we played him in DMC because we couldn't get Schneiderlin, who they have and can't get in their side

After what Dier did to Chelski last season, he should be Spurs for life. I still get excited every time I watch him absolute take out those cunts. Poch better start him at WHL when they come by.

I saw these types of videos in the Lamela and Dembele thread's. The YouTue page itself has a load of Spurs players overall seasons in videos and I stumbled across this one:

I know Wanyama has been INCREDIBLE this season, especially at the weekend against Chelsea which was probably his best game in a Spurs shirt, but I watch that video above and I really do miss THAT Dier in the team.

Back
Top Bottom