Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think he was that poor today, I’m willing to say it’s one of his better performances of late. He was misplacing a lot of passes in the first 10-15 but he improved afterwards.

I don’t think he was that poor today, I’m willing to say it’s one of his better performances of late. He was misplacing a lot of passes in the first 10-15 but he improved afterwards.
If Davis don't make that block on Luis they are 2 up and it would have been Rokes drift. We can't carry him till he gets back to what he was if ever. I like him am sad for him but sentiment aside he no longer for seems to have ths requires level of athleticism

Thats my opinion too, no better or worse than anyone else. I suppose he could pass the ball 6 feet and rack up the stats but he try's to deliver a decent forward pass and sometimes it dont work.
I would agree he needs to speed up his awareness as some people have posted.

If Davis don't make that block on Luis they are 2 up and it would have been Rokes drift. We can't carry him till he gets back to what he was if ever. I like him am sad for him but sentiment aside he no longer for seems to have ths requires level of athleticism
He also cleared a sitter for 2-0 before losing his shit at the defence
Seems to all go unnoticed though

Everything he does well is completely overlooked

I suppose he could pass the ball 6 feet and rack up the stats but he try's to deliver a decent forward pass and sometimes it dont work.
Spot on.
People going to slate a very good long ball or cross field pass that Son gets muscled out of or Dele can’t be arsed to run for, while applauding 2 meter tippy tappy on the halfway line because they found their man

Another Eric game, another win, an assist..what's not to like? :rolleyes:
Jose knows what he is doing. He picked players that are not 1st choice and gave them a good run out against the worst team we play this week.
Eric won't start on Wednesday but he is odds on to feature.
I hope he signs a new contract.

Best days are over at this level I agree, and wouldn’t mind if he was sold on.

But the hyperbole over how bad he was is ridiculous to be honest
Sammy! You friggin turncoat you. TBF you did always give off that "I'll turn on you in a second if it benefits me" sort of way about ya.

But seriously, good on you for admitting it about one of your favorite players. We both know that is not a common occurrence 'round these parts. Just wish he was smart enough to have made the change to CB before it got to this point. Perhaps the club will take a cue from this situation and utilize it for Dele as well.

Last edited:
Started the game terribly with pass after pass going awol.

Got into the game as it went on and was suitably replaced by Gio. I think it was Sammy who posted the stats about us winning when he plays so if it works, it works.

Highlight for me was him tearing Aurier (iirc) a new one after a mistake. :D

I think he would make a great sweeper back in the day. Whatever happened to sweepers?

He has fire in him !
And he fully committed to every tackle , tryed a couple of nice long ball too .
He he would wand a nice pass stats he would pass it short and safe .
He becoming better every game .

Love his 🔥

Sammy! You friggin turncoat you. TBF you did always give off that "I'll turn on you in a second if it benefits me" sort of way about ya.

But seriously, good on you for admitting it about one of your favorite players. We both know that is not a common occurrence 'round these parts. Just wish he was smart enough to have made the change to CB before it got to this point. Perhaps the club will take a cue from this situation and utilize it for Dele as well.
That's not his favourite player. He simply likes and shows support to players the majority don't rate to go against the grain, that's all.

Back
Top Bottom