Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wonder if/when we'll see this Eric Dier again !

He only needs time to build his condition again. It can’t be overstated how important a proper pre-season is, the first day back last summer he had to be rushed into some mysterious operation after his physical tests and he missed the whole thing. That’s following on from 6 months of injuries, illnesses, surgeries and the resulting complications.

He hasn’t done his knees or anything that should prevent him reaching his best level again, as far as we know. I think he can earn a new contract here if he gets into shape ready for next season, he can still be a very good player for us.

He only needs time to build his condition again. It can’t be overstated how important a proper pre-season is, the first day back last summer he had to be rushed into some mysterious operation after his physical tests and he missed the whole thing. That’s following on from 6 months of injuries, illnesses, surgeries and the resulting complications.

He hasn’t done his knees or anything that should prevent him reaching his best level again, as far as we know. I think he can earn a new contract here if he gets into shape ready for next season, he can still be a very good player for us.

Hope you're right.... Would love to see that player again.

He was one of my favorite players a few seasons ago.

I'd go fucking crazy if Jose turned him back into the DM monster that he was for that one season next to Dembele.

Indeed, there was a reason "I love Eric Dier" was sung so proudly......

I’d love to be proven wrong but I am not optimistic about Dier any more.

A permanent decline in form doesn’t have to be physical, it could be psychological too. It doesn’t have to be something so dramatic like Andy van der Meyde but it could be a loss of drive or confidence.

Whatever it is, he is a shadow of his former self. I watch him carefully during games and he just doesn’t make the same decisions that he used to. It’s almost as if he’s a totally different player.

We can't afford to write Dier off. He's 26. This isn't like Wanyama and Dembele, where there were irreversible physical issues. Get a good pre-season in and I think he's can get back to his best. Even now I think away from home he should be starting alongside GLC - although it isn't pretty he improves us defensively.

We can't afford to write Dier off. He's 26. This isn't like Wanyama and Dembele, where there were irreversible physical issues. Get a good pre-season in and I think he's can get back to his best. Even now I think away from home he should be starting alongside GLC - although it isn't pretty he improves us defensively.
Don’t think it’s really our choice.

If he keeps playing this way we’d have no other option. I’d like to see Levy bring in a top quality DM over the summer instead of gambling on Dier to regain his form.

If he doesn't, how long do we wait though? We hung about thinking Danny would once again rule the wing and it never happened. There will be better players than Dier available in the summer. That said, sell him? Not so sure. He's still a useful squad player with a lot of big game experience. He was excellent in the air the other day.

Don’t think it’s really our choice.

If he keeps playing this way we’d have no other option. I’d like to see Levy bring in a top quality DM over the summer instead of gambling on Dier to regain his form.
Maybe wishful thinking on my part. Even Dier at his best was inferior to Wanyama in def midfield, and so I agree we should be looking for better if we can find it. But at worst he should be a valuable squad player who can cover both DM and CB.

Not sure if that is a rhetorical question but his path back from the appendix surgery was marred with issues.

To me he just looks bigger. Let's have a look shall we...

2016 Eric

london-uk-2nd-nov-2016-eric-dier-tottenham-footballsoccer-eric-dier-H7BB7A.jpg

2020 Eric

TELEMMGLPICT000219878389_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqQND5f8Baj_ohaXY2gUOFsLyr0pdDTKu0Y3L6tEDiUUo.jpeg

Time to put down the weights and join Ndombele on the treadmill.
He’d make an ace doorman these days though
:mourthumb:

He needs to either suck it up and realise his future is at centre back or leave for the better of his career, in my view.

Back
Top Bottom