Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is a guy who would continously play a washed Matic because he had a hard on for him.

I wouldn't count on him ousting Dier so quickly.

I think his days with us our done, it’s a shame as we are crying out for a proper DM at the minute and I thought he could be the solution, time to give skipp a chance or even Foyth at the DM position

5 clean sheets this season. Eric played in 4 of them.
Played 11 lost twice over 90 mins with Eric.
Whose fault was the 7-2? Eric didn't play.
He had a bad game last night but who had a good game?
We're a side with a lot of problems at present, he's just one of them.

We just won our last EPL game 5-0. One loss in our last 8 to United who beat City away afterwards.
I won't be making conclusions about Eric or the team in general after an away game fielding a lot of reserves against one of the best attacking teams in the world

The guy has barely played in a year...he was showed up a bit last night but he's still making his way back to full match fitness...
How many games do we give him?

I think I'm right in thinking he's played in all Mourinho's games? That makes four on the bounce - he should be approaching match fitness.

It shouldn't take more than this, and yet yesterday he just lumbered around without an apparent care in the world.

I've got this feeling that he'll play against Wolves and turn in another woeful performance. Skipp may be an answer but I don't think he'll get a chance before Middlesborough.

5 clean sheets this season. Eric played in 4 of them.
Played 11 lost twice over 90 mins with Eric.
Whose fault was the 7-2? Eric didn't play.
He had a bad game last night but who had a good game?

you are absolutely missing the point.
Did you see his actions on the field? He had a chance to close down... or even try to close down Bayern attacker in 2nd and 3rd goal situations. But he was standing there just like would be turned off.

One on one midgets like Thiago and Couthinho could actually physically hold the ball against him (not with smarts, with physical power). How many times he had could have passed the ball with average pressure (I am not saying without any! with average) and he absolutely scuffed it?
And generally speaking, have you seen how our game generally plays out when he starts (Burnley one being outlier, fortunately our attack destroyed their motivation quickly)? We play long ball, cause teams like Bournemouth are outplaying us in midfield.

This "But he has not played" thing is getting moot when he has played 6 games in starting XI from start of November, but he has not improved even marginally.

P.S and to still react to your stat point (which I decided to check over), I can list games where Dier started and lasted most of the game on field this season with results (our score first) -

Red Star (A) 4:0
Bayern Munich (A) 1:3
Brighton (A) 0:3
Sheffield (H) 1:1
West Ham (A) 3:2
Bournemouth (H) 3:2
Burnley (H) 5:0
Colchester (A) 0:0 (lost)

I see 3 clean sheets. Against League Two side (that we eventually lost on penalties!), against Red Star (who we also thumped 5:0 without him starting) and against Burnley. Yea, this list totally proves that without him we play so much worse.
Absolutely no idea, why would you point out game like Red Star at home, when he came on for 20 mintues when game was long ago done and dusted.

Eric was fantastic v Burnley on Saturday. IMO he isn't fit enough at the moment to do 2 a week but Jose wants to get him match fit.
He won't play v Wolves.

Last edited:
Eric was fantastic v Burnley on Saturday. IMOe isn't fit enough at the moment to do 2 a week but Jose wants to get him match fit.
He won't play v Wolves.

And who is the club we should benchmark our results by?
Is it
a) Burnley (where he was "fantastic" as you described)
or
b) Bayern (where he did absolutely nothing right, just strolled along, failed on easy passes, let everyone run past him etc)
?

I would say that our aim should be latter.

(also conveniently leaving out Bournemouth game, where he was not able to control CM against such side as well...)

P.S Dier pass % even in this "Fantastic" Burnley game was 79% (!) that means 21 passes from 100 go off mark. And thats his best perforamance in EPL this season. Against Brighton it was 74% and Wet Spam 75%.

Last edited:
Folk need to understand he is what we have. If we could get the miser in charge to pay for Dennis Zakaria or Wilmar Barrios yes we would be better, but he wont and we need a DM. Jose seems to think the best option in the squad is Deir. So it's time to suck it up. I dearly hope we are searching the world for an alternative

Or maybe we're not in a transfer window, so the so called miser can't put a bid in? Just a thought....

:levystare:

How many games do we give him?

I think I'm right in thinking he's played in all Mourinho's games? That makes four on the bounce - he should be approaching match fitness.

It shouldn't take more than this, and yet yesterday he just lumbered around without an apparent care in the world.

I've got this feeling that he'll play against Wolves and turn in another woeful performance. Skipp may be an answer but I don't think he'll get a chance before Middlesborough.

How long do. We give you?

You've been posting negative shite on a daily basis for well over a year now.....

Probably needs a poll.... Will Mike ever post anything positive?

Back
Top Bottom