Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's honestly really weird to me how completely isolated he's been and I wonder what's happened for Poch to completely freeze him out of the team?

Surely his physical condition can't be worse than Wanyama's, right?
I don't think (hope) he hasn't been frozen out. Only that he's had such a long time out he hasn't been fit enough physically let alone match fit.
Has he played an U23s to get him up to speed ?

I think a 433 solves this (see above).... 343 was of great benefit, but we don't have the WB quality for it now.

I it looks pretty good to me. Dier is a must in there now, we look too powderpuff at the moment, no way should I be watching Spurs 2-0 up against a
Woolwich and still being happy with a draw like I was.

I've been in denial about it all one away win since January is disgusting and each of them should get that pinned to their lockers come Monday morning. Bar one or two in the squad they should all be ashamed!

I don't think (hope) he hasn't been frozen out. Only that he's had such a long time out he hasn't been fit enough physically let alone match fit.
Has he played an U23s to get him up to speed ?
No idea.. it's as if he's disappeared from the face of the earth

I see him on the list of substitutes but never on the pitch or anything.

If I was Poch I would be trying a Dier-Winks midfield in the next couple of months, I think Ndombele will be class for us but clearly not at the level yet. More defensive solidity, and allows us to play both Son and Lucas behind Kane alongside one of Eriksen/Dele. Don't think we could do this with Ndombele/Winks as neither Son and Lucas are very good at tracking back (even though both press very well).

I thought after last nights shit show he is the only one that can hold his head up high. I looked composed and was the only one trying to show any kind of leadership out there. I would personally like him to start the weekend infront of the back 4

Ultra left-wing loudmouth and hilarious Communist Comedian Alexei Sayle has just given our Eric an honourable - and funny - mention on his Radio 4 comedy show, 'Alexei Sayle's Imaginary Sandwich Bar'.
If you can't be arsed to listen to the whole show, because you're one of those neo-nazis who's only just getting out of bed, go to 17:45mins and listen to his bitter diatribe on the crap pre-match football ceremonies we have to endure these days.
Eric makes his brief cameo, strangely reminiscent of his appearance on Saturday, at about 19:50 mins.

Here's the link - Alexei Sayle's Imaginary Sandwich Bar - Series 3 - Rage and Resentment - BBC Sounds

As its on f*****g 'BBC SOUNDS' you'll have to log in these days and promise that you've got a TV license and you're over 16 and have several disabilities, just so they can spy on you.

If you've got any kind of sense of humour, I recommend listening to the entire series. The man's a comedy genius.

9e92dd8c-1f12-4426-b7ac-131dca1d294a_screenshot.jpg

His only future with us is as a CB. His choice really is simple, a DM for Newcastle or a CB for Spurs. The choice is his

Completely agree. If you were a new manager coming in to Spurs now you give this guy a fucking major pep talk and tell him that we want him to stand up and be a leader, to be the spine of the side. No reason why he shouldn't be trying to be a Ledley, or a Terry for Chelskum. He needs firing up and some of that fight from his first couple of seasons to come back. Especially in light of the current plight of our Belgian CBs. Now is the time for Dier to step for us.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm one of the few people who remember how bad Dier has been in the last like 18 months. He's never really kicked on and keeps getting hurt. He's not an answer.
I agree he has been poor the last 18 months but our defence needs some protection and with limited options he might be the best choice out of a bad bunch. Wanyama now has the mobility of a lorry.

Result aside the Colchester game was the first in a long while that Dier looked somewhat like a football player in a long while. Hope injuries are behind him, I like him as a dm when he is on his game and fit.

I agree he has been poor the last 18 months but our defence needs some protection and with limited options he might be the best choice out of a bad bunch. Wanyama now has the mobility of a lorry.

Should I mention at the this point he's been out injured for best part of s year - tried coming back in early 2019 from appendicitis operation to get injured.

Back
Top Bottom