Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gonna be pretty hard to find a buyer for him.

We will undoubtedly demand big money for him even though he's perpetually injured/sick, isn't home grown and even when is fit is pretty crap if we're honest.
Contract until 2021 so I don't think we can really demand big money, but I agree that it won't be easy to sell him for even a decent fee.

When he is fully fit then Dier has to prove he's got another level. I've never seen much evidence of it. He's ok as a squad player but he's just not creative enough to help get us to the apex.

All that said, last season's finger to the lips to rile woolwich was a masterstroke. Injured or not, maybe he should parade around the perimeter with his balls out tomorrow just to set the mood.

What's with all the nasty comments towards Dier in here? Do people really believe he is faking injury?

I don’t believe his faking it but I think there is a general frustration that for the last year or so he keeps getting different types of issues that keep him out. It’s not like he’s got one problem (like Lamelas hip) that has to be slowly managed.

One week he has appendicitis and the next his bollocks are hurting or something. I actually think he could do a good job for us but the way things are going, it looks like he won’t be playing much

We could of got 50 million off United for him.

:dempsey:
True. But United can fuck off now.
And I actually credit Levy for ceasing to sell our best players when in demand.
Our rise has inadvertently contributed to their downfall.

This may sound trivial, but they were second to last on MotD again tonight .
Fuck the cunts and all their gloryhunting cunt fans.

Yes, I've had a few tonight.

Question for us all;

Is Dier, if fit, the solution to our defensive problems ? Is it coincidence that we have been shit defensively, pretty much, since he's been missing ? Or is more a case of Dembele going ?

I know Dier isn't the most technical of players but he does have passion, organises and gees other players up when needed and can tackle and the fact is the only natural DM we have is Wanyama, who is broken.

I could be wrong, I usually am

Question for us all;

Is Dier, if fit, the solution to our defensive problems ? Is it coincidence that we have been shit defensively, pretty much, since he's been missing ? Or is more a case of Dembele going ?

I know Dier isn't the most technical of players but he does have passion, organises and gees other players up when needed and can tackle and the fact is the only natural DM we have is Wanyama, who is broken.

I could be wrong, I usually am

I would honestly have Skipp ahead of him, but more cover is needed in midfield. Our goals conceded isn’t all down to an older pair of CBs and unsettled FBs. We are getting run through right now due to team intensity and I do think Skipp will put a shift in.

I would honestly have Skipp ahead of him, but more cover is needed in midfield. Our goals conceded isn’t all down to an older pair of CBs and unsettled FBs. We are getting run through right now due to team intensity and I do think Skipp will put a shift in.
TBH I haven;t seen enough of Skipp to judge him. I've only seen him play for the first team, a Total of 10 apps and many of them as a sub in the last few minutes.
I don't doubt others who rate, only saying that I haven't seen him enough.

Aye, we've gone from Dembele + Dier/Wanyama shielding the back line to Winks. Inevitable that this has an impact... Especially when we're not scoring enough goals to supplement the leakiness.

Winks (Lo Celso) / Skipp (Dier) / Ndombele (Eriksen)

...Please.

Aye, we've gone from Dembele + Dier/Wanyama shielding the back line to Winks. Inevitable that this has an impact... Especially when we're not scoring enough goals to supplement the leakiness.

Winks (Lo Celso) / Skipp (Dier) / Ndombele (Eriksen)

...Please.

Winksy is such an issue area for me because he's such a cracking little footballer but dear me does accommodating him at the expense of a genuine DM rip our middle out defensively.

Once Dier is back I think I'd opt for a Dier/Ndombele pairing and rotate Tanguy with Winks only when the game and time is right. Such a shame as he's a lovely little player but I worry that the longer we stick with him, the more we'll leak goals.

Dier should be back in the team ASAP

It's honestly really weird to me how completely isolated he's been and I wonder what's happened for Poch to completely freeze him out of the team?

Surely his physical condition can't be worse than Wanyama's, right?

Winksy is such an issue area for me because he's such a cracking little footballer but dear me does accommodating him at the expense of a genuine DM rip our middle out defensively.

Once Dier is back I think I'd opt for a Dier/Ndombele pairing and rotate Tanguy with Winks only when the game and time is right. Such a shame as he's a lovely little player but I worry that the longer we stick with him, the more we'll leak goals.

Dier should be back in the team ASAP

I think a 433 solves this (see above).... 343 was of great benefit, but we don't have the WB quality for it now.

Back
Top Bottom