Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Except he had an 89% pass completion rate today, only Eriksen touched the ball more (once more) but Eriksen pass completion rate was 77%!!! Only Snodgrass 96% (17 passes less) Son 94% (52 passes less!!) Sanchez 93% (14 fewer passes). Many of his passes were forwards don't have this to hand but saw with my own eyes which on many occasions broke the lines of West Ham. No one blocked and intercepted more. No one won more headers.

He and or Foyth were our best two players today.
I have no time for him but I've watched the first half again and he was fine.

I have no time for him but I've watched the first half again and he was fine.
If he plays like that again on Tuesday I'll be well pleased. Not sure how we will line up on Tuesday (Winks, Dier and/or Wanyama), the vital thing right now is fitness. We need to disrupt their flow and I think we need legs more than skill to do this.

If he plays like that again on Tuesday I'll be well pleased. Not sure how we will line up on Tuesday (Winks, Dier and/or Wanyama), the vital thing right now is fitness. We need to disrupt their flow and I think we need legs more than skill to do this.
I've had another look at the second half, and I cannot find much fault with his performance. The problems were elsewhere yesterday.

First half he was shit. Scared of the ball and putting his defenders under pressure when he needed to turn. He had one nice turn in the first half.

The second half he looked forward and actually dribbled with the ball. Completely different player.

That being said, we cannot go forward with him in the starting 11 or first off the bench. He is just too uncomfortable under pressure and limited in his ability to play with the ball at his feet.

Haha. Finally everyone beginning to realise how shit he is. He has always trudged about and slowed us down. Games like this is where it is most apparent as he has the mobility of a freight tanker

Seems like you're happy that a Spurs player put in what's been perceived to have been a poor performance, because it proves that you are right. Get a grip. Might not be your favourite player, but don't fucking revel in the fact that people are slamming his performance.

Seems like you're happy that a Spurs player put in what's been perceived to have been a poor performance, because it proves that you are right. Get a grip. Might not be your favourite player, but don't fucking revel in the fact that people are slamming his performance.

Not happy at all. It's an embarrassment he is anywhere near our first team. For a defensive midfielder watch how often he tries to get back and actually break up play when he's out of position. He just jogs about passing it sideways and backwards and lacks the speed and agility to get back. Sissoko is a very limited ball player but pochettino has got him playing to his strengths. Bags of energy and extremely disruptive to the opposition with his pace, power and tenacity. Dier has none of those traits. It honestly angers me how he keeps getting games.

Not happy at all. It's an embarrassment he is anywhere near our first team. For a defensive midfielder watch how often he tries to get back and actually break up play when he's out of position. He just jogs about passing it sideways and backwards and lacks the speed and agility to get back. Sissoko is a very limited ball player but pochettino has got him playing to his strengths. Bags of energy and extremely disruptive to the opposition with his pace, power and tenacity. Dier has none of those traits. It honestly angers me how he keeps getting games.

"keeps getting games"?

He's been out sick/injured for much of the season.....

You know as well as I do he usually plays when fit. It was a statement about the last few years. Best thing he ever did was score vs WHU when we had 10 men at their shithole ground.

Yes he get's a lot of starts when fit, but thats because he's become a utility player.

Yr1 - FB/CB
Yr2 - Consistently at DM
Yr3 - CB
Yr4 - Vic, Dembele & Winks injuries
Yr5 - Vic, Dembele & Winks injuries

With everybody fit; these days he wouldn't start; so assessing him on the basis of depth would be fairer.

He is not a fucking midfield, Poch need to stop playing him there.
He's a pretty dreadful centre half as well. He's just a poor footballer. Slow, poor on the ball, doesn't read danger well enough to be a top DM. Just all round not good enough. He's completely bought into his own hype from years ago too, and as a results strolls around the pitch thinking he's Busquets which only makes him look a bigger bellend.

He doesn't even offer us a home grown option in the squad. If any sort of interest or offer came in for him this Summer I'd sell him in a heart beat.

Back
Top Bottom