Dortmund v Spurs- Ropey League Last 16.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I went to Seville a few years ago and was treated like an animal and this was possibly worse. There was alot of angry fans around Dortmund last night and this morning. It's a shame as this was the one ground i've always wanted to visit.
It didn't really bother me that much to be honest, it was the way they were treating older fans and even kids. Some people don't like that kind of environment and find it quite traumatic.
The people around the main square were as nice as pie to us but the old bill and mainly the stewards were utter Cunts.

That's disgusting, unnecessary full stop but when there are no high tensions between fans it's even more sick by those supposedly responsible for EVERYBODY'S safety.

everyone saying piss poor villa till they drop 2 goals in the back of our nets becuz we didnt give them the respect they deserve.

They are bottom of the league and already down with 16 points from 29 games.. They have conceded 55 goals and have a goal difference of -33
How on earth can you describe them as anything other than piss poor?

Seriously???
Villa are the worst team te premier league has ever seen.. They are shocking.. They get rolled over at ease. The league doesn't lie.
If we don't smash these then we don't deserve top 4 let alone the league.

After last night, if there's one game i could pick it would be Villa. Their fans turn on them after 10 minutes, the players drop their heads just after kick off. 0-4.

My mate's a Villa fan, I've seen them a few times this season, and in the main they are atrociously bad.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has revealed that he was in talks to sign for Tottenham Hotspur in 2012, only to refuse due to the “weird” way things were done.

The Borussia Dortmund striker faces Spurs in the Europa League last-16 tonight, but if things had worked out differently he might not have made the move to Germany.

Spurs approached Aubameyang’s previous club, Saint-Etienne, for the Gabon forward in 2012, but he was put off moving to London by the way things were handled.

“In the end everything became a bit weird – I didn’t really like the way things were done,” the 26-year-old told the Guardian.

“If Spurs ever came back in me for me I’d say no.”

Aubameyang instead moved to Dortmund in 2013, and has gone on to develop into one of Europe’s best strikers, with his pace and accurate finishing proving a lethal combination.

Former Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp’s fast, counter-attacking style helped him establish himself in the side, after Robert Lewandowski’s move to Bayern Munich.

He’s scored 22 goals in 24 Bundesliga appearances, and 32 in all competitions, this season, and also became the first Gabonese player to win the African Footballer of the Year award earlier this year.

Spurs weren’t the only side to miss out on Aubameyang’s talent, as first club Milan sent him out on four successive loans to French clubs before selling to Saint-Etienne.

Newcastle United also tried to tempt the 26-year-old to the Premier League, but Aubameyang, taking the advice of his father, chose to join Dortmund, according to the Guardian.

He will face off against Tottenham’s Harry Kane tonight – the player who’s made the lone striker position his own since Spurs missed out on Aubameyang. Both clubs sit second in their domestic leagues, making this fixture the real heavyweight clash of the Europa League ties.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has revealed that he was in talks to sign for Tottenham Hotspur in 2012, only to refuse due to the “weird” way things were done.

The Borussia Dortmund striker faces Spurs in the Europa League last-16 tonight, but if things had worked out differently he might not have made the move to Germany.

Spurs approached Aubameyang’s previous club, Saint-Etienne, for the Gabon forward in 2012, but he was put off moving to London by the way things were handled.

“In the end everything became a bit weird – I didn’t really like the way things were done,” the 26-year-old told the Guardian.

Aubameyang instead moved to Dortmund in 2013, and has gone on to develop into one of Europe’s best strikers, with his pace and accurate finishing proving a lethal combination.

Former Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp’s fast, counter-attacking style helped him establish himself in the side, after Robert Lewandowski’s move to Bayern Munich.

He’s scored 22 goals in 24 Bundesliga appearances, and 32 in all competitions, this season, and also became the first Gabonese player to win the African Footballer of the Year award earlier this year.

Spurs weren’t the only side to miss out on Aubameyang’s talent, as first club Milan sent him out on four successive loans to French clubs before selling to Saint-Etienne.

Newcastle United also tried to tempt the 26-year-old to the Premier League, but Aubameyang, taking the advice of his father, chose to join Dortmund, according to the Guardian.

He will face off against Tottenham’s Harry Kane tonight – the player who’s made the lone striker position his own since Spurs missed out on Aubameyang. Both clubs sit second in their domestic leagues, making this fixture the real heavyweight clash of the Europa League ties.
Any idea if Redknapp might leave us and take the England job?
This news is 5yrs old!! What's the relevance?

Don't think he will. But he will have us bottle 3rd place and lose out on Champions League football by leaving it in Chelseas hands.

I'm still in Germany. I don't ever want to come home.

What's the fall out from the shit stewarding at the game?
I heard they were blaming it on us turning up late, which is bullshit of the highest order,I was there about half 6 and there were already loads trying to get in.
What are the German papers saying about that despicable cunt club?

BVB blame Tottenham fans for start of crush last night, German journalist says otherwise

BVB blame Tottenham fans for start of crush last night, German journalist says otherwise
Tottenham Hotspur fans were involved in an unfortunate and potentially very dangerous situation on Thursday night whilst entering the Westfalenstadion.

Supporters were caught outside the ground as gates started to be closed, but there were still many fans entering the stadium, both Tottenham and Borussia Dortmund followers, and with there being less ways to enter the stadium, the ones left open obviously became more crowded.

As fans tried to get into the ground and take their seats, they were met with a limited access route, meaning everyone converged on the same area and a crush developed. There were a number of injuries but the overwhelming opinion coming from those involved is that things could have been worse, and it was a very scary situation.

Ruhr Nachrichten is Dortmund's regional newspaper and they've spoken to Christian Hockenjos, the German club's 'Organisations-Chef'.

Hockenjos, according to the newspaper, explained that the situation was initially caused by 'very late arrival of Tottenham fans'.

'A timely arrival had been specifically requested, but a very large group had arrived just before the game at the stadium.'

It's stated that late arriving Tottenham supporters then went to the wrong entrance and that caused further problems.

However, the balancing of blame doesn't quite fit in with what fans have said, and they're backed up by German journalist Ulrich Breulmann who ended up caught in the middle of it.

Breulmann explained to Ruhr Nachrichten: "At 18.30 I was at the entrance to the North Stand. The fans were quiet, good mood and not a touch aggressive. That it might take some time, they took with patience. It was completely relaxed. This changed from 18:40. Gradually, some of the entrances has been closed to the North Stand. The many waiting football fans - myself included - were shocked.

"I was stood in front of a steward and asked him: "Why in heaven's name close the entrances now" He shrugged and said, "I really can't say, we are only following instructions."

"Also Tottenham fans appealed urgently to the steward to keep the entrances open - in vain. So that's how the situation that pushed even more fans in the direction of the remaining entrances originated."

Just wanted to add that, if we do get into the Champions League via a 2nd or 3rd place finish, we would still have zero trophies. We have zero chance of winning the Champions League, too.

If we had given it a fight here, and even been good enough, we'd have defeated the strongest team left in the competition and could win a trophy and qualify for the CL.

At the end of the day, no one fucking remembers who qualified for CL and finished second. It's all about the motherfucking trophies, and we have not won one in nearly 10 years.

Anyway, there is still hope for the return leg if Poch actually intends to prove that he wasn't just a lying cunt for the first leg. Let's see if our sorry players can give Villa a lashing. Nothing else will suffice.

Just wanted to add that, if we do get into the Champions League via a 2nd or 3rd place finish, we would still have zero trophies. We have zero chance of winning the Champions League, too.

If we had given it a fight here, and even been good enough, we'd have defeated the strongest team left in the competition and could win a trophy and qualify for the CL.

At the end of the day, no one fucking remembers who qualified for CL and finished second. It's all about the motherfucking trophies, and we have not won one in nearly 10 years.

Anyway, there is still hope for the return leg if Poch actually intends to prove that he wasn't just a lying cunt for the first leg. Let's see if our sorry players can give Villa a lashing. Nothing else will suffice.

Cool story troll.

“In the end everything became a bit weird
I didn’t really like the way things were done,” the 26-year-old told the Guardian.

...it's 'cos the details of Levy's notorious SIGNATURE ROOM (where all the club's signings are concluded) have finally come to light;
1c2e85e74aac8e6831d2fc2912b315aa.jpg

:levyeyes:...dunno what all the fuss is about... all football clubs must have 'Meeting rooms' within the stadium/training complex where their signings are made, nothing weird about that surely... touchy git!

At the end of the day, no one fucking remembers who qualified for CL and finished second. It's all about the motherfucking trophies, and we have not won one in nearly 10 years....if Poch actually intends to prove that he wasn't just a lying cunt for the first leg. Let's see if our sorry players can give Villa a lashing. Nothing else will suffice.

hmmm... it's all a bit too
Shopping-Trolley-Cart.jpg
for me TBH...

Gotta say bro, I'm not normally one for pointing this kinda stuff out... but there's summit in your wording that just screams; FAN OF ANOTHER CLUB to me... I may be wrong, and I'm not asking you to post a pic of you, aged 12 in a Spurs kit... but you gotta see how, reading that back, you sound like you're pretending (and not very well, I might add) to sound like an angry Spurs fan, just to wind the real ones up!

The fans were quiet, good mood and not a touch aggressive.... some of the entrances has been closed... "I was stood in front of a steward and asked him: "Why in heaven's name close the entrances now" He shrugged and said, "I really can't say, we are only following instructions."

"Also Tottenham fans appealed urgently to the steward to keep the entrances open - in vain. So that's how the situation that pushed even more fans in the direction of the remaining entrances originated."

With respect, and not blaming the Spurs fans, but I doubt very much that exact terminology was used!
...unless these were the Gentlemen entering the stadium;
sbe-1873-gentlemen-01.jpg

Last edited:
Tottenham Hotspur fans were involved in an unfortunate and potentially very dangerous situation on Thursday night whilst entering the Westfalenstadion.

Supporters were caught outside the ground as gates started to be closed, but there were still many fans entering the stadium, both Tottenham and Borussia Dortmund followers, and with there being less ways to enter the stadium, the ones left open obviously became more crowded.

As fans tried to get into the ground and take their seats, they were met with a limited access route, meaning everyone converged on the same area and a crush developed. There were a number of injuries but the overwhelming opinion coming from those involved is that things could have been worse, and it was a very scary situation.

Ruhr Nachrichten is Dortmund's regional newspaper and they've spoken to Christian Hockenjos, the German club's 'Organisations-Chef'.

Hockenjos, according to the newspaper, explained that the situation was initially caused by 'very late arrival of Tottenham fans'.

'A timely arrival had been specifically requested, but a very large group had arrived just before the game at the stadium.'

It's stated that late arriving Tottenham supporters then went to the wrong entrance and that caused further problems.

However, the balancing of blame doesn't quite fit in with what fans have said, and they're backed up by German journalist Ulrich Breulmann who ended up caught in the middle of it.

Breulmann explained to Ruhr Nachrichten: "At 18.30 I was at the entrance to the North Stand. The fans were quiet, good mood and not a touch aggressive. That it might take some time, they took with patience. It was completely relaxed. This changed from 18:40. Gradually, some of the entrances has been closed to the North Stand. The many waiting football fans - myself included - were shocked.

"I was stood in front of a steward and asked him: "Why in heaven's name close the entrances now" He shrugged and said, "I really can't say, we are only following instructions."

Hi!
I am a Dortmund supporter and just wanted to say how ashamed I am about this. It's disgraceful. When we played Galatasaray the stewards didn't even try searching their fans. Amsterdam hooligans could smash up trains and threaten our fans and the police had nothing to say but "oops, didn't expect that". Seems to me as a case of acting tough against the wrong people for the wrong reasons. Even the statement that 80-100 Spurs fans "broke into" the stadium doesn't really add up...
There was a TV documentary about Dortmund's stewards years ago, that they get no training, are underpaid and some of them just turn up on matchday with their passport and certificate of good conduct and are good to go a few hours later. Not surprising that this can lead to situations where stewards are completely overwhelmed as soon as there is a hint of trouble. I won't even get started on the German police. Utterly useless morons.
I just hope everyone who was there Thursday night and affected by this is well again.

Hi!
I am a Dortmund supporter and just wanted to say how ashamed I am about this. It's disgraceful. When we played Galatasaray the stewards didn't even try searching their fans. Amsterdam hooligans could smash up trains and threaten our fans and the police had nothing to say but "oops, didn't expect that". Seems to me as a case of acting tough against the wrong people for the wrong reasons. Even the statement that 80-100 Spurs fans "broke into" the stadium doesn't really add up...
There was a TV documentary about Dortmund's stewards years ago, that they get no training, are underpaid and some of them just turn up on matchday with their passport and certificate of good conduct and are good to go a few hours later. Not surprising that this can lead to situations where stewards are completely overwhelmed as soon as there is a hint of trouble. I won't even get started on the German police. Utterly useless morons.
I just hope everyone who was there Thursday night and affected by this is well again.
That's the sort of thing I seen young lads trying to sort out old school supporters and it went bad it was lucky that a lot ours stood back.

Excuse the niche discussion.

I saw Vojvodina play maybe 5 or 6 times, Zemun once, Partizan a couple. Vojvodina (my team)'s fans like to model themselves on West Ham's hoolie element, so they're clearly at least half cunty (as evidenced by the graffiti of Hammers and 'red firm' around the place), Partizan look up to the old-school Chelsea pricks, so again nothing too great about that. They keep singing, it's true, but I'm not sure they're so admirable.

The games I did see most fans sat in disinterested silence (understandable given the fare on display) limiting themselves to the odd outburst of casual racism.

Ali, na zalost, nikad nisam bio na utakmicu Crvena Zvezda protiv Partizana. Jebiga (osim na Kosarku).
I had no idea about West Ham/Vojvodina, or Partizan/Chelsea, it does not surprise me that they are into, and influenced by, the hooligan culture here, but no idea of specific team connections.

I'm not saying as a model that Serbian football is something we should aspire to. A friend of mine from there (who I met off this forum actually then met up with out there) is always saying the same things as you actually. All I'm saying is I admire certain teams' hardcore fans for their support.

Had to google translate your Serbian phrase! It must have been really interesting living out there.

hmmm... it's all a bit too
Shopping-Trolley-Cart.jpg
for me TBH...

Gotta say bro, I'm not normally one for pointing this kinda stuff out... but there's summit in your wording that just screams; FAN OF ANOTHER CLUB to me... I may be wrong, and I'm not asking you to post a pic of you, aged 12 in a Spurs kit... but you gotta see how, reading that back, you sound like you're pretending (and not very well, I might add) to sound like an angry Spurs fan, just to wind the real ones up!

He only ever posts to slag Spurs off for the reasons you describe. Sometimes i wish the blatant trolls could be banned from the site tbh.

Back
Top Bottom