Did reaching the Champion league final paper over some cracks?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Out of all the teams across Europe, we finished second with bandages, caffeine and crutches supporting our players.

Trippier and Llorente are not going to push for us next season. Apart from those two, it's the same team plus one excellent addition and a pre-season.

I say 'what cracks?'

To be honest I think it was a miracle we got to the final.

Not so much talent as heart.

Still not quite sure how we got there.
Heart, desire & a never say die ethos.
Which made the final so disappointing. Neither team looked like they had much left in the tank. But I honestly thought we’d pull something out of the bag until the second goal.
Big season coming up for us. Not sure we will top the excitement of that CL run, but that’s what I love about the game. Every season starting with high hopes for every fan of every club in every division.
I’m hoping Poch can bring home a trophy this year
:tobyarm:

It did in many ways. We lost loads of games in the league. We lost a lot of games in the CL too. We only got CL qualification because every other team around us managed to implode even more than we did, but I think our progress in the CL goes in tandem with our league results.

We’ve all talked about the negative effects of the CL on league form, so to get all the way to the final and still finish top 4 is a positive. Had we gone out in the group stages I’d suspect that we’d have finished 3rd but a lot closer to the Sheik Mansour team and Liverpool.

It resulted in us getting a genuine marquee signing in a key position, so it’s helped to properly fill in those cracks.

:ap:

Fuck the cracks. Had we won the final I wouldn't give a shit about em. Now we lost and I still don't. Cos maybe we are never gna get over the line. So fuck it. Just drink some beavertown and be happy

Back
Top Bottom