DESK, One Has to Go.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would YOU sell first?

• Total voters
I thought he started really well but as thebgame wore on I thought he got less and less adventurous.

Shit was harsh on him, granted

He needs to find his freedom and nastiness next season. I think a top midfielder will give a few of our guys a little more of a liberated feel. This season's been a grind for many but I do want to see him further up the pitch, along with Eriksen if he stays and I do want to see that swagger and freedom to lose the ball trying to make stuff happen return to his game

God that video makes me miss having a decent midfield so that Dele can play next to Kane again.

I honestly think that’s where he is best, his awareness of space in around the box gets the best out of Kane.

The opportunities Kane used to get seem to come to sonny and Moura when they are on the field next to him.

I’m not a tactician so I can’t put my finger on why it is but when dele was closest to Kane the stats speak for themselves.

God that video makes me miss having a decent midfield so that Dele can play next to Kane again.

I honestly think that’s where he is best, his awareness of space in around the box gets the best out of Kane.

The opportunities Kane used to get seem to come to sonny and Moura when they are on the field next to him.

I’m not a tactician so I can’t put my finger on why it is but when dele was closest to Kane the stats speak for themselves.

I definitely think 16/17 when we played with Alli and Eriksen as kind fo duel 10's behind Kane in that 3421, with Wanyama and Dembele as the CM's, Eriksen dropping in sometimes, definitely seemed to get the best out of all of them. Kane 29 goals 7 assists, Eriksen 8 g 15 a, Alli 18 g 7 a. And Son still chipped in with 14 g and 7 a.

Everyone's overall combined output went down last season, Kane's by 5, Eriksen by 3, Alli by 8, Son by 3.

This season only Son and Eriksen are on target to hit similar numbers. Alli is a combined 20 down on 16/17, 10 on last season. Some of that is the time he's missed of course, but even last season he was well down.

Our lack of genuine midfielders has sucked players like Eriksen and Alli backwards into that area and given them different roles and responsibilities. Under those circumstances Eriksen's done remarkably to maintain similar productivity in terms of goals and assists. Something people seem to completely ignore when giving him shit.

I definitely think 16/17 when we played with Alli and Eriksen as kind fo duel 10's behind Kane in that 3421, with Wanyama and Dembele as the CM's, Eriksen dropping in sometimes, definitely seemed to get the best out of all of them. Kane 29 goals 7 assists, Eriksen 8 g 15 a, Alli 18 g 7 a. And Son still chipped in with 14 g and 7 a.

Everyone's overall combined output went down last season, Kane's by 5, Eriksen by 3, Alli by 8, Son by 3.

This season only Son and Eriksen are on target to hit similar numbers. Alli is a combined 20 down on 16/17, 10 on last season. Some of that is the time he's missed of course, but even last season he was well down.

Our lack of genuine midfielders has sucked players like Eriksen and Alli backwards into that area and given them different roles and responsibilities. Under those circumstances Eriksen's done remarkably to maintain similar productivity in terms of goals and assists. Something people seem to completely ignore when giving him shit.

If you're a Dele Alli or Christian Eriksen and you have a top form Victor Wanyama and Mousa Dembele behind you, it's going to make a difference. Hopefully with Winks coming back and Sissoko stepping up, this will give the others a bit more freedom again.

Back
Top Bottom