DESK, One Has to Go.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would YOU sell first?

• Total voters
I get that your feelings are hurt Sammy. You've heard she got off with someone else and are telling all your mates you finished with her first. But soon, when it's Sissoko befuddled face you're waking up to every morning, you're going to realise how good you had it.

You can go back 4 years and find posts of mine saying Eriksen is only world class on a part time basis.
Trust me, it’s got nothing to do with Real Madrid. Simply overrated and lives off the good games for all eternity

You can go back 4 years and find posts of mine saying Eriksen is only world class on a part time basis.
Trust me, it’s got nothing to do with Real Madrid. Simply overrated and lives off the good games for all eternity

But that applies to every single one of our (and just about everyone's) best players. Unless you are Messi or Iniesta you aren't being world class every game every year. Modric got voted the biggest waste of money in his first season at Real. Bale is jeered by Real fans (as was Roanldo - who didn't score a goal for about 3 months last season)

Which of our players is world class every week, or even remotely close?

Eriksen is the most productive player in terms of assists and chances in this league over the last four years. And it's not like that's all does, he also supplements our midfield and averages 50 passes a game - in other words he isn't just someone who does fuck all then pops up and scores or assists.

I don't know what you expect. He's been the most consistent (or top 3 at least) creator in this league for years. He's been our most intelligent player by a fucking mile. And he works hard.

I can just about understand people having the hump because they think he's angling for a move, or hasn't been electric lately (I don't think that's all his fault, I don't think we are) but calling him shit is just ridiculous. If he's shit, what's everyone else?

I’ll be honest I enjoyed watching Son around New Years when he was epic, and I enjoy watching Kane when he plays passes like the one that led to our goal at Anfield etc.....but right now I can’t say I actually enjoy watching Dele and certainly not Eriksen.

Our attack is lame to be perfectly frank....I don’t know what happened

I said the other day that he hasn’t and we haven’t been the same since Harry came back
Love Harry so don’t know what is going wrong

I expect to see a player that could walk into Real Madrid or Barca’s or Juves starting 11 and make them better, because that’s what I’m being told he is for the last 4 years

Who gives a fuck what he means to Juventus, I'm talking about what he's done and does for us.

Can you not appreciate the rationale of what I'm saying.

Shocked how many voted for Eriksen. I voted for Son.

Eriksen’s replacement is going to cost a boat load to get close to his caliber of a player.

If all four were happy and playing with verve, I'd vote for Sonny as well. Take away contract issues and all the other stuff going on, for me Kane, Dele & Eriksen are sublime.

I wouldn't want to lose any of them, it's a real hard question this one so I'm not going to vote but if I had to rank each based on ability and real quality, I'd have Sonny 4th on the list. Love him and would never want him to leave but the question was who out of the four so if it was down to me and I could only keep 3 of the 4 next season, Kane, Eriksen & Dele would be the guys

It's tough to have GREAT confidence, because we have so many excellent players, but Alli is a more complete talent than any of them and he's still only 22.

It's quite incredible how underappreciated Dele is amongst our OWN fanbase.

I thought it was just cunts who support other teams who underappreciated him.

I guess some people can't grasp that he's playing a different role now and flourishing within that role too. If he never got injured earlier in the season, he'd probably be on course to being our player of the year (He was definitely our POTY before injury)

Seems as if he isn't scoring or assisting, he's poor. Which is mostly common amongst those who don't actually know football.

Erikson,, has been one of my fav players over the past seasons. On his day, just beautiful to watch.

However since the question has been raised, right now he of the 4 mentioned is most vulnerable. Again, my response if based on recent form. I know he is gifted, but something is missing at the minute.

I hope he stays, and gets back his form, but in this hypothetical, the other 3 fill me with more confidence than Erikson.

Who gives a fuck what he means to Juventus, I'm talking about what he's done and does for us.

Can you not appreciate the rationale of what I'm saying.

You asked what I expect.
I expect to a see a 200M rated player who could walk into Juve, Barca and Real and improve their first teams.

I think we both know he’s not that player

Same could be said about Eriksen to be fair.

Dele was probably our second best player against Liverpool behind Lucas too.

Certainly I agree, but my argument was we would get a higher fee for Dele so I'd opt for him to be sold. People seem to think I made out he was shit. Obviously not the case. Saying that 1 player of 4 elite players is the least effective isn't me saying someone is shit.

I love them all, but I would have to say Eriksen. Dele is the pivotal point for us, to me he is the only irreplacable part of this team, Harry is one of the best, if not the best Centre Forward in the world, Sonny gives us that unpredictablity because he can shoot with both feet and he is too fast, plus he is a brilliant attraction to the asian market and he absolutely loves Spurs. Eriksen, has been the portrait of our rise in the last 5 years alongside Poch , but his mind is clearly not in the right place. I also believe that out of the 4 roles, Eriksens and Deles roles are the most easily replacable roles.

Back
Top Bottom