Dempsey

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Dempsey is suffering from the classic problem of signing for a new team under a cloud of being hot property and then having to live up to it. Once the pressure is off I would expect that he'll start getting more goals.

Personally, in our side, I want Ade as the starter and Dempsey as a supersub game changer. I think Defoe will get farmore goals from Adebayor assists than he will player with Dempsey, or, for that matter, Siggs.

By the same token I expect Dempsey will get more goals with Adebayor playing in the team. His main strength is making late arriving runs into the box and slotting away clinical finishes, so he'll function a lot better in the side with Ade holding up the ball and laying it off to him at the right moments. Playing behind Defoe, who as we've discussed a million times can't do that kind of stuff, he looks a lot more unsure of his role.

A solid Premier League proven signing who knew where the back of the net was. Provided some memorial moments from the winner at Old Trafford to the late equaliser against them at White Hart Lane, the late goal against Basel in the Europa League.

Terrible player, was very relieved when he was sold.

Remember him scoring away at Basel and during the celebration of one of the goals him screaming angrily 'thats whatsup'. Douchechills aplenty.

Back
Top Bottom