Dempsey

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dempsey sort of reminds me of Niko.

I miss Niko........
spurs_1555460c.jpg

I miss his oversized shirts. Damn he was a good looking man.

Oh yea, I find it incredibly amusing that Clint Dempsey played "soccer" at Furman in College.

Conference rival to my own school, only about 30 minutes away from it, too. Pretty good school, but definitely a bit "God squad."

Considered it for a short while, but my school's college guidance counselor, who was also the school chaplain vetoed that interest on the grounds that it was too religious for me.

rofl.

Logged in to Facebook. One of the people that show up in my connections is a former staff member at my old high school.

He bears an uncanny resemblance to an aged Clint Dempsey.

ouTc0.jpg

Is "My Old High School" a metaphor for a clandestine religious cult...?
'cos that pic looks a whole lotta Heaven's Gate wrong!

Clint really annoys me- hes lazy- hes slow- and he can't take penalties- and he doesn't shoot- How can he be called a striker. If someone can explain it to me that would be brill because I think we should just give him back to Fulham for nothing- Rant over ( to be honest probably just a little pissed off about travelling last night) I no you win some u lose some but come on he's terrible!

Having seen Dempsey absolutely run the show with energy and clinical finishing at Fulham I just can't accept that he's a below-par player for our side. I guess it all just comes back to the age-old question of whether he can adapt to a new system. We obviously play at a much higher tempo than Fulham which means he'll have had a fair bit of adjusting to do, hence the need to be patient before writing him off. If of course in a few months it's clear he can't rise to the challenge of playing differently to how he's used to, then I'll be forced to reevaluate my opinion if him.

It's pretty clear he's been dying for an opportunity like this since the beginning of his career, which is why I always hesitate to be harsh about him. Can't get too annoyed at a player who wants to play and win more than anything else.

Dempsey has the same issue as Sigurdsson IMO, Defoe.

As well as Defoe has done this season (exceptional by his standards) he just isnt a lone striker, and he just cant bring people into play reliably.

Dempsey gets the ball and he has players behind him or to his left and right and basically nothing in front of him to play off of.

With a proper lone striker ahead of him I believe he will suddenly be much more involved and much more of a threat. Same with Sigurdsson.

Dempsey specifically has only really disappointed me with his loose touch/passing. He loses the ball a lot and its often simple carelessness.

Dempsey specifically has only really disappointed me with his loose touch/passing. He loses the ball a lot and its often simple carelessness.

And his penalty taking, don't forget his penalty taking. Saying that though I'm glad in a way as I really didn't want extra time.

I can see what you mean about Defoe and what Edman is saying about him and Siggy gelling into the team. they have still been a little disappointing though.

I certainly agree they have been disappointing, Im just pointing out I believe there are mitigating factors - a bit too soon to judge...

Sigurdsson looks a lot better on the ball than Dempsey, but unless he has runners looking for/creating space he is extremely limited in what he can do with it - hence he seems to be quite annoymous/forgetable.

Of course now we will get a "best 11" fielded for a run of games and both Dempsey and Sigurdsson will be cack anyway :roflmao:

I think Dempsey is suffering from the classic problem of signing for a new team under a cloud of being hot property and then having to live up to it. Once the pressure is off I would expect that he'll start getting more goals.

Personally, in our side, I want Ade as the starter and Dempsey as a supersub game changer. I think Defoe will get farmore goals from Adebayor assists than he will player with Dempsey, or, for that matter, Siggs.

Back
Top Bottom