Dempsey

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For 6m its not a bad bit of business. I am a fan of the Deuce but tbh, I had hoped he would try and cement a legacy at Fulham. While Friedel has certainly proven himself, its been with many different clubs. Wanted to see Demps make his mark at one club. But Fuck me these sorts of lofty thoughts have no business in my brain.

So welcome Clint. Having you and Dembele together is a nice tie in as you have worked together. Don't know if you will be starting. Doubt it actually. But bring that scrapiness of play to the pitch and I am sure you will be made to feel at home.

"To play under this Head Coach and play for this club is a dream come true. I want to make the most of it" Clint Dempsey

Didn't Robbie Keane say the same thing? Also how is it a dream come to true to play under AVB? they practically grew up together

boneycrisp said:
"To play under this Head Coach and play for this club is a dream come true. I want to make the most of it" Clint Dempsey

Didn't Robbie Keane say the same thing? Also how is it a dream come to true to play under AVB? they practically grew up together
Probably means for a coach of AVB's ability.

rcordell1 said:
What is he? Midfield, striker? Fills a gap up top I guess if he's a forward (perhaps the alternative to remy)

Yeah he can play midfield, on the wing, or up front. Great signing I reckon.

The deuce is the third leading scorer in the premier league over the last two years behind only Rooney and RVP. He could prove to be a massive steal.

Chuck-norris-approved.gif

I reckon his approach to the game will be very well respected by Spurs fans, and also very much needed....

welcome \o/

It's good business. He is proven here already, lives in London, scores a shitload of creative goals and runs about like fuck for 90 minutes. As much as I would have liked Moutinho and Damaio because they could have been stars, Dembele and Dempsey are a lot less likely to be flops.

It's clear we now have players with extra dimension :avblol: for the team, as opposed to building the team around players. I just hope AVB can somehow provide competition for Ade with rotation.

Seems like I've seen a lot of talk about Deuce being a backup for Ade, or taking one of the midfield roles - what do people think about Dempsey as an alternative to Lennon? We would sacrifice some speed on the outside, but Dempsey could play closer in with more of a threat than Lennon tends to carry. If Dembele played on the right side of our formation and Walker overlapped like he does, then I don't think we would miss Lennon's runs too terribly.

I don't know where he spent most of his time at Fulham, but I hear he can play out wide. Much thinking to do :avbcringe:

Back
Top Bottom