Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I felt he played ok tonight, sub wise who else could Jose take off ?
not a defender, not winks (as no-one else to play DM role) , not GLC, and we need the 2 pacey guys up front
so any chance Jose makes will normally be Dele unless Dele is scoring goals

Why are some players lambasted but others are allowed to be shit?

If he started his Spurs career this way would people actually rate him?
No.
So move on from 2016 please that’s four years ago now. The geezer wouldn’t look out of place at Luton
Keep preaching Sammy. As much as you supported Dier you had the balls to admit it might be time...and he's had more decent play in the last 2 seasons than Dele. Some folks just like to be willfully ignorant of the evidence before there very eyes and put a 'player' before the badge.

I felt he played ok tonight, sub wise who else could Jose take off ?
not a defender, not winks (as no-one else to play DM role) , not GLC, and we need the 2 pacey guys up front
so any chance Jose makes will normally be Dele unless Dele is scoring goals
The audacity of him to wail and whine after that run by Lo Celso from our own box when he put through Bergwijn did my head
in.
Literally hadn’t touched the ball the whole game at that point, and wants a pass on the edge of the box.

Nah mate, even our players know the outcome to that counter attack:
Trap the ball under your foot
Stop
Try and roll off a nutmeg
Turn around
Get muscled off by the four players you ran into

Then start throwing his boots around?
Wtf

The Alli talk is so boring.

We fcuking get it from some of you.

But our problem is less Alli and more that we don't have a striker of any fcuking description and I would include Son in that.

As a club we are utterly pathetic.

Had we even had a limited but nevertheless focal point in Llorente we would have been better served.

It is that which should be drawing comment because that is what is hurting us.

And whether other players took advantage of a tiring RBL or not, we did not score.

I know that he has had stuff going on outside of the pitch.

But when do we start considering him a luxury player? Last night was his moment to step up and be THE guy. But nothing happened.

He was reeeeeeaaaalllly good, consistently, 3-4 years ago.

When he’s 27, some of you will still be waiting for Dele to be as good as he was when he was 18.
There comes a time when you have to say to yourself that unfortunately he wasn’t our new Gazza and never will be.
You can’t make that conclusion at 24 - it’s laughable

You can’t make that conclusion at 24 - it’s laughable
I can make that conclusion on the basis he has massively regressed.
How many players burst through at 18, looked world class, then declined for 4 years and suddenly became world class again at 25?

I admire your optimism but I think we all know that, like Eriksen, there will be no Real Madrid, no Barca, no real step up (in terms of the present).
He could go to Utd. So what they’re shit.

Liverpool? Naaaah
City? Naaaah
The rest is par or downhill.
He wouldn’t get a game at Wolves or Sheff Utd right now. That says it all.

He would not improve one single team in the top half, and few below that.

Maybe he should start doing his little funny 'eye salute' thing again...
He hasn't been the same since!
maybe he needs that as his incentive to score some goals!!

....likewise Sonny and the handshakes, it's all gone to shit since he stopped doing those...

...and to think I wasn't a FAN of either 'goal Cecelebration'.... I miss them now!

kingdawson kingdawson
Still running around in the minority that think Dele is worth a wank I see.
Seems like some people just want to go against the grain.
I just think you're a very sad person tbh.

As for Dele, he was handicapped with the tactics we employed yesterday. Don't think any striker in world football would have looked good with that system. He worked hard and covered the most ground as he usually does but we definitely improved when Lamela came on.

I just think you're a very sad person tbh.

As for Dele, he was handicapped with the tactics we employed yesterday. Don't think any striker in world football would have looked good with that system. He worked hard and covered the most ground as he usually does but we definitely improved when Lamela came on.
I might be sad but you are in a minority when it comes to Dele.
Would you say you are just trying to be different?

As for handicapped by tactics, I heard it all when he played deep too.
Now he gets to play furthest forward.....where he’s “deadly” and it’s still tactics.
He’s also crap as an AM.

We were better when he went off. Finally.
After 2.5 years, you get it.

How is it different?
I’ve written him off because he’s regressed for 4 straight years.
Or has he improved?

Do you think Dier can make it? He’s only 26
He’s in a bad patch for form that’s all. No player is finished at 24 - certainly not one with his ability. It’s almost as if you want him to fail so you can win an Internet fight.

Back
Top Bottom