Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly the best GIF I will ever make:

giphy.gif
He needs some training from the Dagenham Girl Pipers on twirling a baton.

I've got a very bias soft spot for Dele, I don't like the shit he unnecessarily gets. He had a beer, conked out and is a young man who has worked his nuts off as a very senior member of our squad at suchna young age. This is his first summer off since 2017 really and even then he's had a month less than the average PL player due to the Champions League and Nations Cup. I hope he gets tanked again one last time with his missus beforehand he comes back to London and focuses on winning the league.

Rack them beers and shots up son! Let off a little steam it's well deserved after the last few years.
Very well said, and 100% agree.

I think sometimes people forget how young he is.

What is his best position. Midfield or playing further forward closer to the striker. I'm not sure about him midfield anymore. I know Poch is asking him to perform in a certain way for the sake of the team but it really doesn't do him any favours

I think he is much better suited to play off Harry or if Harry is not there as a false 9

What is his best position. Midfield or playing further forward closer to the striker. I'm not sure about him midfield anymore. I know Poch is asking him to perform in a certain way for the sake of the team but it really doesn't do him any favours

I think he is much better suited to play off Harry or if Harry is not there as a false 9

Think he works best behind the striker like you say, don't think being deep does him any favours whatsoever.

He did doddle on the ball a bit today, repeating the form many got on him for. He did make some nice plays, but he tends to slow transition down when looking forward. His ball to Son, which went to Parrot for a goal was onside, just a bad call by the refs (believe that was Dele). He has that in his locker and could have had a couple more long through balls if he released it a bit quicker. The team is pretty stacked at this point and could become even more competitive. Dele could find himself far down the list in midfield.

And if Lamela can stay healthy, the biggest if at this point, Dele may not be the best option playing behind Kane. Lamela is far more creative with the ball in the final third and if not for the injury last season, could have been our first half player of the season. He was on fire. Little faith in this happening, but just shows how deep we really are.

If Eriksen ends up staying I think Dele is in trouble. Right now I’d take Lucas over him. And if we get LoCelso and he’s as good as people seem to say Dele may end up a cup player.

If Eriksen ends up staying I think Dele is in trouble. Right now I’d take Lucas over him. And if we get LoCelso and he’s as good as people seem to say Dele may end up a cup player.
He's one of Poch's 'babes', so don't bank on it.

How he started the CL final over Moura I'll never know, and it will bug me for a very, very long time.

No way we should have lost that game.

Tons of talent but lost his drive/edge.

Believes his own hype and has lost that primal drive to blast his way to the top of the game.

Thing is... I don't think he's that bovvered tbh.

Must have watched a different game. Thought he was good, backed up the pressing done by the front, picked up a lot of loose ball it created and then recycled it, passed it forwards and made at least 3 lovely thru-balls (and at least two more that were just defended by Juve toes) to Son. In fact, he was pulling the strings somewhat behind the front line collecting the ball from those in front and from Winks and Skipp where he could then allow us to play through the lines of Juve's midfield. He was the player that headed the ball away from Ronaldo preventing a bicycle kick and much wanking from the world's press.

Also made some intelligent runs off the ball from deep, where he wasn't picked up or he occupied a defender that created spaces.

I guess people still measuring a player by the number of gaols they score.

Oh my, he is skinny as heck.
I mean... think of Ronaldo pysique - you could most likely fit 3 Dele Alli's into one Christiano Ronaldo :D

Dele is not physically weak, but I would assume some extra muscle mass would not hurt him.

Can't help but feel this is set-up by his PR team as a way to show/prove the summer 'holiday' didn't impact his fitness. Most sane people will not care about him unwinding out of season, as long as he stays focused during it – everyone needs time to unwind.

I worry for the lad though... a couple of seasons ago he was being linked with Barca at crazy money, now something just ain't right. Not sure if it's focus... sure being played out of position will impact his MOTD highlights but he's played slowly, with his head down.

At times it's felt he has been a luxury, not contributing to the team. If we're going to win a trophy this is something we might have to change, I understand Poch is loyal and doesn't want to knock confidence by benching but at some point when a player's form has dropped you have to consider their place. I'll be interested to see, with possibly more options on the bench this season if Poch is ruthless enough.

Oh my, he is skinny as heck.
I mean... think of Ronaldo pysique - you could most likely fit 3 Dele Alli's into one Christiano Ronaldo :D

Dele is not physically weak, but I would assume some extra muscle mass would not hurt him.
Wrong - bulking slows you down. That would be the worst decision to make, imv. Ronaldo is just a freak - Dele with muscles would be Anderson 2.0

Wrong - bulking slows you down. That would be the worst decision to make, imv. Ronaldo is just a freak - Dele with muscles would be Anderson 2.0

What?
Have you've ever seen Usain Bolt (fastest man alive, btw :D ) ? And this is the man running down straight line without having to fight for his place. Or for that matter - look at any top level sprinters.

Or take this out-of-favor guy named ... what was ... it ? Bake? Bale? Smth like this anyway.
Not the slimmest, deffo one of the fastest.

Anyway, I am not talking like bodybuilder bulky, that is obvious. just maybe few extra pounds of muscles.

What?
Have you've ever seen Usain Bolt (fastest man alive, btw :D ) ? And this is the man running down straight line without having to fight for his place. Or for that matter - look at any top level sprinters.

Or take this out-of-favor guy named ... what was ... it ? Bake? Bale? Smth like this anyway.
Not the slimmest, deffo one of the fastest.

Anyway, I am not talking like bodybuilder bulky, that is obvious. just maybe few extra pounds of muscles.
He runs for 10-20 seconds at a time - not 90 mins. Endurance training is very different - jacked Dele is too tall to retain his agility

He runs for 10-20 seconds at a time - not 90 mins. Endurance training is very different - jacked Dele is too tall to retain his agility

Comparing record breaking sprinters with premiership midfielders is a new one on me too.

Spot on about Dele and endurance. Him and Eriksen cover so much ground. You can’t do that carrying too much muscle without it affecting other parts of your game.

(Pretty sure if you stood next to him be surprised how big he really is too. He’s not a small guy - 6ft plus??).

Cristiano looks different today to as a 23 year old as well.
(And these days he spends a lot of his time on the pitch relatively static).

Back
Top Bottom