Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was comparing individual players goal and assist making by age 23 - nothing to do with team achievements which is what you are diverting the conversation to.
It is a silly comparison with Gerrard. Gerrard never had the freedom that alli has so Alli is going to have more goals and assists

Fine, if you believe that Dele will not score or assist many goals from now on, that's your prerogative.

However at age 23 (Dele's current age) he's trounced Lampard and Gerrard's goal/assist record despite them both having played a fair number of PL games by that age - and in each of the seasons they did play neither Lampard nor Gerrard scored many (hence their totals were low).

At aged 20 Kane had scored more goals than Rashford, but in a combination of EFL and PL games. The difference is that Rashford had played a lot more PL games aged 20 than Kane and scored more goals.
However in Kane's first (almost) full season of playing PL football Kane overtook Rashford's total.

So your comparison is just misleading - if Kane wasn't playing PL games he couldn't be scoring PL goals. All 3 of Lampard Gerrard and Dele had played plenty of PL games by age 23 - but only Dele was scoring and assisting regularly

I am not saying anything about will or wont he score them. For the simple fact that we just don't know it. No one does.

And the amount he has scored is good up to now. But still there is this brief line called "present" between past and future. I just don't like such comparisons for the reasons that
a) future is unknown
b) players careers follow in different paths

It is not my comparison, it is their. And once more, there are number of such ones that can look ridiculous watching back with hindsight. So I'd just would not give them any attention and let future results do the talking (again without saying anything what will or will not happen with Dele in future) - is that really so hard of a concept to grasp? And in the way- who of us is a pessimist? One who keeps clinging to past numbers or one who doesnt :D ?

Really looking forward to having Dele back.

At least this season he wont be pushed deeper to accommodate for injuries. He should be playing off of Kane.

The goal at the Emirates in the cup last season was vintage Dele stuff. Hoping for a big season from him.

Really looking forward to having Dele back.

At least this season he wont be pushed deeper to accommodate for injuries. He should be playing off of Kane.

The goal at the Emirates in the cup last season was vintage Dele stuff. Hoping for a big season from him.
Just don't want him rushed back, hamstrings need time and he clearly has a problem in that area.

Just don't want him rushed back, hamstrings need time and he clearly has a problem in that area.

From that point of view, think it wiser to give him another week training rather than playing him v New castle - we shouldn't need him except maybe on the bench and even that might be debateable

Then hopefully fit v Woolwich either to start or on bench - either way very useful to have him availaible v that lot - and he likes scoring against them too !

Good foul by Kane there

Kane is going forward and the defender is coming to him, and momentum continues to take Kane into defender who, off is off balance, and both fall (and btw, not that it really matters but the defender was going the wrong way to pick up Dele anyway).

Don't think any ref would see that as a foul, just a coming together of players.

If Alli is going to play he needs to be in his best position, just behind Kane. Not been the same since we changed formation and he ended up on left of midfield. He can produce the unexpected, which is what we need at the moment

I mean it was obvious against Villa. Eriksen, Dele, Lo Celso and Ndombele are our best ball-handling midfielders. Dele does a lot of work that seems to go unnoticed.

Progressive passers.

Lo Celso, Winks, Ndombele, Dele and Eriksen if he stays all in one line up could be frightening

If Alli is going to play he needs to be in his best position, just behind Kane. Not been the same since we changed formation and he ended up on left of midfield. He can produce the unexpected, which is what we need at the moment
Well, thankfully we have players who can actually play CM now and we don't need to have Dele play there. I do want him behind Kane though, I think it suits both them. I think by the middle of the year this will be our best 11...

-------------Lloris-------------
Foyth-Sanchez-Jan-Davies
------Winks-Ndombele------
-----Lo Celso-Dele-Son-----
-------------Kane--------------

Well, thankfully we have players who can actually play CM now and we don't need to have Dele play there. I do want him behind Kane though, I think it suits both them. I think by the middle of the year this will be our best 11...

-------------Lloris-------------
Foyth-Sanchez-Jan-Davies
------Winks-Ndombele------
-----Lo Celso-Dele-Son-----
-------------Kane--------------

That has to be the way forward offensively.

Perhaps Lo Celso centrally and abit deeper. Dele as close to Kane as possible and Son the outlet

if when he returns we are getting the player back who first burst on the scene with that energy, fearlessness and enthusiasm then great.

If we are getting the Dele Alli from last season, then thanks but no thanks.

Back
Top Bottom