Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

City has also adopted this model. Fairly certain a lot of the veterans are still on silly vages but their newer signings all operate on a bonus model.
they do but even their base wage is very high and then the bonuses are on top of that

https://www.totalsportek.com/money/manchester-city-player-salaries/

The following numbers only include the basic weekly salaries of the players but main players in the team enjoy lucrative performance based bonuses for example Aguero signed a new 5 year deal in 2014 with the basic salary of £220,000 a week but it can reach upto £300,000 a week with performance bonuses included.

The Club have missed a trick there, imagine if they had a waxwork of Poch in his suit at the Club shop sat at a desk with his arm out, with the idea that fans would then sit next to him pretending to sign a contract, pen in hand. The queue would be halfway down Park Lane.
£10 a pop :levyeyes:

And you can only have your photo taken if you're wearing a current training trackie top.

giphy.gif

Point is, aside from him missing some games, how 'bad' have his performances actually been?

He was probably our best player before his injury.

Apparently for Dele to be having a good season he needs to be scoring goals or assisting them. That's just the modern football fans way of thinking. All stats.

He's adapting to a new position and before injury was flourishing.

He was probably our best player before his injury.

Apparently for Dele to be having a good season he needs to be scoring goals or assisting them. That's just the modern football fans way of thinking. All stats.

He's adapting to a new position and before injury was flourishing.

TBH, I think poor analysis and punditry play a fundamnetal role in such skewed fan perception (Also see HK).

...9 times out of 10 oppo fans just regurgitate the headlines and so-called insight the are exposed to via Sky, BBC and so on.

Let's face it, unless one has the benefit of the confidence brought by independent 'research', then rationally why would the average drone question the opinion of former pros like Shearer, Savage and their ilk...?

TBH, I think poor analysis and punditry play a fundamnetal role in such skewed fan perception (Also see HK).

...9 times out of 10 oppo fans just regurgitate the headlines and so-called insight the are exposed to via Sky, BBC and so on.

Let's face it, unless one has the benefit of the confidence brought by independent 'research', then rationally why would the average drone question the opinion of former pros like Shearer, Savage and their ilk...?

Agreed.

It's why many fans (non-Spurs) think Alderweireld is better than Vertonghen. Or why they think Trippier is any good :p

Very impressed with Dele today ... asked to play the holding role on the left side he cut out all the tricks and risks and concentrated on ball retention ... upped his pass success rate by 10% over his seasons average ...

He might not have appeared very active today, certainly got forward far less, but his role in retaining control in midfield was crucial, it shows just how complete a player he has become ...

Very impressed with Dele today ... asked to play the holding role on the left side he cut out all the tricks and risks and concentrated on ball retention ... upped his pass success rate by 10% over his seasons average ...

He might not have appeared very active today, certainly got forward far less, but his role in retaining control in midfield was crucial, it shows just how complete a player he has become ...
I noticed how much work he put into defense especially. He and Ben traded places multiple times during the game as Ben went on attacking raids. Dele just slid into LB until Ben came back. Not something you see often from him.

His movement and back tracking also helped Ben a lot early on since Wanyama had not picked up speed yet and was very immobile, so Dele became the link between Ben and Lucas that Victor usually is.

Yea, came to say that - Dele is gaining form.

I oppose to the sentiment that was presented before - I really do think that he has been quite anonymous in most of his this season appearences (with exception of this memorable Watford game). No, not by the standards of scoring and assisting. Based on his all around involvement and the amount of time he needed on the ball before making anything with it.

But to me the last game marked his best performance of late. He played remarkable passes, linked different parts of the field together and contributed quite much. I hope this continues in future games as well, we'd need top form Alli in context where Son and Eriksen are nowhere near theirs...

Back
Top Bottom