Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OK... so who ELSE thought we simply had a 'special agreement' with Southgate/England, and were just saving him for Saturday??

So much for THAT shit!
:deledoubt:

This may be unpopular but anyone think we should give him a shot at CM?

It’s where he played in his first year when he was outstanding.

Our CM position right now is in shambles and I don’t see Dier or Dembele improving or Wanyama getting back to peak form.

We have only 3 spots for Lucas, Eriksen, Son, Lamela and Dele. 2 spots if we play 3 in the back. Eriksen, Lucas and Dele should be undroppable but we need to find time for Son and Lamela.

This may be unpopular but anyone think we should give him a shot at CM?

It’s where he played in his first year when he was outstanding.

Our CM position right now is in shambles and I don’t see Dier or Dembele improving or Wanyama getting back to peak form.

We have only 3 spots for Lucas, Eriksen, Son, Lamela and Dele. 2 spots if we play 3 in the back. Eriksen, Lucas and Dele should be undroppable but we need to find time for Son and Lamela.

He's arguably been playing central midfield all season.

I said it's his best position and should be where he plays for the rest of his career - you're right though, it seems to be an unpopular opinion.

He's arguably been playing central midfield all season.

I said it's his best position and should be where he plays for the rest of his career - you're right though, it seems to be an unpopular opinion.

I miss when he used to line up out wide left for us. We've better options on the flanks now with Son/Lamela/Moura though so I get why we don't see that anymore.

If he lines up in CM though, hes got to be given freedom to get forward as needed- his presence and finishing in the box are too valuable to be squandered in any kind of a holding or deep midfield role. I would think he is best in a deep CAM sort of role.

I miss when he used to line up out wide left for us. We've better options on the flanks now with Son/Lamela/Moura though so I get why we don't see that anymore.

If he lines up in CM though, hes got to be given freedom to get forward as needed- his presence and finishing in the box are too valuable to be squandered in any kind of a holding or deep midfield role. I would think he is best in a deep CAM sort of role.

Dele in the 'Lampard' role. Perfect.

Dele in the 'Lampard' role. Perfect.

If we had the right kind of steel centrally, I'd love to see:

Eriksen / DM / Lamela
RF / CF / LF

Though, I'm also in the minority that thinks he's shown what it takes to rotate as CAM with CE and/or Dele.

I think there's more to him than a feisty, inverted winger that's for sure.

Great gesture by Poch to make him captain tonight, but of course even that was questioned by some posters here.
Yeah brilliant management, Dele won't forget that.

He's been with us 3 years and is a key and senior player so even if we weren't in MK it wouldn't have been outrageous for him to have captained us in a league cup game. The thought of a Dele with more responsibility and influence excites me personally. Good experience for him.

Yeah brilliant management, Dele won't forget that.

He's been with us 3 years and is a key and senior player so even if we weren't in MK it wouldn't have been outrageous for him to have captained us in a league cup game. The thought of a Dele with more responsibility and influence excites me personally. Good experience for him.
It's one of those moves that can really help a "troubled player" straighten out as well. Put responsibility on them and see if they grow with it. And Dele will of course not forget Spurs making him captain for a game in his hometown.

He looked hungry throughout the game. He pulled a lot of strings for us. Not in the same way as Christian but should Christian end up broken it is good to know that we have both Dele and Lamela that can slot into that role

He jokes around and tries the nutmegs and all that, but underneath there, is a determined player, who I'm sure is a leader.

Also look at the team sheet. Alli would be my choice of captain as well.

I thought he was great last night. Very calm & determined. Also showed plenty of bottle with the match winning penalty. I like how Poch shares the captaincy around more than most. It suggests he believes he has a team of leaders.

Back
Top Bottom