Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

4C12850E00000578-0-image-m-4_1526017080466.jpg
Is KWP just wearing a dodgy jumper knitted by his nan, or is that far too cool for me to understand?

Is KWP just wearing a dodgy jumper knitted by his nan, or is that far too cool for me to understand?
If it had been a Polo neck it would've covered his face!!
The guy has no neck on his shoulders!

What is it with our back-up Defence??
Have him & Vorm swapped heads?

Interesting to see that Dele and Winksy were both included in the U21's & Scholars for the last league campaign. Now I guess they will both have to be included in the named 25 man PL squad. You would assume they both will be included and that Vinny and GKN' will be the ones to miss out for them, but it does highlight that the up and coming kids do have a real struggle once they get past 21 to earn a place in the squad. For example Foyth will still be available in the unlimited(?) U21 picks this year, but he will have to take up a space in the squad the following year if he is to be able to play PL.

Interesting to see that Dele and Winksy were both included in the U21's & Scholars for the last league campaign. Now I guess they will both have to be included in the named 25 man PL squad. You would assume they both will be included and that Vinny and GKN' will be the ones to miss out for them, but it does highlight that the up and coming kids do have a real struggle once they get past 21 to earn a place in the squad. For example Foyth will still be available in the unlimited(?) U21 picks this year, but he will have to take up a space in the squad the following year if he is to be able to play PL.
Correct me if I am wrong. But Dele and Winks becoming full blown "adult" players should mean we get to add international talent to the squad. The amount of international talent allowed is based on the amount of homegrowns or something like that.

Even wilder, Ben Davies does not class as homegrown because he came up through the Swansea system.

Correct me if I am wrong. But Dele and Winks becoming full blown "adult" players should mean we get to add international talent to the squad. The amount of international talent allowed is based on the amount of homegrowns or something like that.

Even wilder, Ben Davies does not class as homegrown because he came up through the Swansea system.
That's got to be considered harsh with Swansea being part of the English league

Yeah you're right, we only had a squad of 21 named for the 2nd half of the PL this season. So Dele and Winksy go in there without having any further effect. We had already maxed out our foreign quota at 17.

The PL website does show Ben as homegrown though.

The only other homegrowns we had were Danny, Harry Kane and Tripps.

Yeah you're right, we only had a squad of 21 named for the 2nd half of the PL this season. So Dele and Winksy go in there without having any further effect. We had already maxed out our foreign quota at 17.

The PL website does show Ben as homegrown though.

The only other homegrowns we had were Danny, Harry Kane and Tripps.
He meets the PL homegrown quota. but not Uefa

Just seen this on the OS:
2017-18 in numbers - Dele continues unbeaten goalscoring run in the Premier League 24 May 2018 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com

The team remains unbeaten when Dele Alli has scored in a Premier League match - and he took that tally to 32 in 2017-18
It means Dele has yet to lose a Premier League match in which he's scored.

Only James Milner (47), Darius Vassell (46) and Solomon Kalou (32) have scored in as many Premier League matches without losing.

The run is reminiscent of Aaron Lennon's record during his time at Spurs. The winger scored 30 goals in 29 matches in all competitions - 25 in the Premier League - and the team remained unbeaten every time he found the the net between 2005-2015.
....and yet when he opened the scoring in the FA Cup Semi-Final... we lost! I wish I had known that stat going into the game!

That's just SO old school Spursy...

Even NOWADAYS, with the team and manager we've got... we can't fully shake the 'Spursy' out of our system sometimes.

It's almost as if we can't help ourselves... we're like a recovering Alchoholic who just can't leave the drinks cabinet locked!!
:deledoubt:

Back
Top Bottom