Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not a mention about Dele turning up at Melwood and this squeaky voiced bore didn't bother to wake up from a nap to meet with him as previously arranged for his visit, so Dele signed for us instead. Odd.

Last edited:
Great match, amazing atmosphere. Honestly felt like the start of something huge.

One of the few times I’ve seen us live. Like you, I thought it was the start of something special. Instead it was the peak of that era’s side.

When Benny scored within 3 minutes I knew it was going to be an interesting evening.

I don't like all this shit. I know it's not going to stop, but I think it's just a distraction. It just means his focus isn't 100% Spurs. All this rubbing shoulders with celebrities stuff just doesn't sit right with me.

By the way, is it just me who cringes every time they see him referred to on this forum as either Deli or Ali. He is neither "a shop selling cooked meats, cheeses, and unusual or foreign prepared foods" or a heavyweight boxing legend / up and down right handed off spin/left handed batsman English all rounder. DELE or ALLI or DELE ALLI. IT'S NOT FUCKING DIFFICULT!!!!!

Last edited:
I don't like all this shit. I know it's not going to stop, but I think it's just a distraction. It just means his focus isn't 100% Spurs. All this rubbing shoulders with celebrities stuff just doesn't sit right with me.

By the way, is it just me who cringes every time they see him referred to on this forum as either Deli or Ali. He is neither "a shop selling cooked meats, cheeses, and unusual or foreign prepared foods" or a heavyweight boxing legend / up and down right handed off spin/left handed batsman English all rounder. DELE or ALLI or DELE ALLI. IT'S NOT FUCKING DIFFICULT!!!!!

I can see it now - Deli Ali, his new chain of boutique halal eateries across the UK :allitongue:

Nice rant, but he actually came out and said something about wanting to be known as "Deli" and that he doesn't feel a suitable connection to the name Alli.

Misspelling of Spurs players by Spurs fans winds me up a lot more than it should. We see their name every bloody day in one way or another!!

Ok don't get me wrong... Goran Bunjevčević (googled it, and what) is one thing. But Eriksen, EriC Dier, EriK Lamela, Dele Alli, Mousa Dembele, Davies not Davis etc.. coooomeee onnnn!

Pretty sure he wants to be known as "Dele" - the name on the back of his shirt is a little clue.

In which case, guilty as charged then! :pochhail:

(TBH, I thought you were addressing, the cringey(?) over familiarity 'thing' that has been know to be a bit of a gear-grinder for some in the past.)

Misspelling of Spurs players by Spurs fans winds me up a lot more than it should. We see their name every bloody day in one way or another!!

Ok don't get me wrong... Goran Bunjevčević (googled it, and what) is one thing. But Eriksen, EriC Dier, EriK Lamela, Dele Alli, Mousa Dembele, Davies not Davis etc.. coooomeee onnnn!

Christian & Cristian always get's me... Always pick the wrong one too. :pochsulk:

[edit] DOn't call you rocket for nothing, eh?

Between his Fortnite-ing and his clothing shit, there's not much attention to spare for football.

They said, when he first joined us, that this was a young player with the correct mentality, that he had the focus and drive needed to be a star. I see a young, extremely talented footballer, throwing his talent away to all sorts of distractions. He's been on the decline since his first year.

I think the club is partly to blame for using him too much in their social media shit with Dier the first year. Young players should be kept as far away from media, social media and all this other shit as possible while they are developing, to avoid these issues.

We've seen the best of Alli. Shame.

Back
Top Bottom