Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually thought getting Allardyce was clever for the FA. He has a great record, one of the best in the PL given resource at his disposal and is a master at getting the best out of shit players. The job he did with Sunderland for example was remarkable.

Allardyce does a fuck up and the FA basically show no mercy. Problem is he is perhaps the only talented manager who realistically England could get to make us half decent in a tournament but he is a bit dodgy.

Southgate seems a nice guy but it just looks like another Hodgson on the way.

Allardyce with the resources available would have made this team the most productive it could be as it lacks in a big way. I was watching the game the other night and couldn't help but think that a high line would help our boys be more aggressive. Southgates a goon he's got Rose, Walker, Winks, Dier, Alli and Kane who all play a high line yet drops deep and kills the intensity to which the games are played which in turn makes it drab and kills th atmosphere he needs to make watching England fun again, that's his most important task as it will get crowds back and passion back into it which almost acts as a reverse of having 12 men. Players like Stones I'm sure could pick it up. Once again it's best talent available picked not best for a particular way of playing.

Played 9, won 7, drawn 2, lost 0, scored 17, conceded 3. Not good enough?

As I said, Im no big fan of the England set up, but I find the Southgate bashing coincides remarkably with his comments on Dele and Lallana...

Is no one safe?

:pochhail:

Allardyce with the resources available would have made this team the most productive it could be as it lacks in a big way. I was watching the game the other night and couldn't help but think that a high line would help our boys be more aggressive. Southgates a goon he's got Rose, Walker, Winks, Dier, Alli and Kane who all play a high line yet drops deep and kills the intensity to which the games are played which in turn makes it drab and kills th atmosphere he needs to make watching England fun again, that's his most important task as it will get crowds back and passion back into it which almost acts as a reverse of having 12 men. Players like Stones I'm sure could pick it up. Once again it's best talent available picked not best for a particular way of playing.
England perform the way the FA wants them to play and Southgate is just a muppet who thinks he's in charge.
Southgate has not learn anything by being an FA yes man. He needs to find out things for himself. Time will tell if he develops as a coach- history has shown us he is awful. Long live Southgate, long may England be crap.

I thought you were a Scot, Baz? Or am I confusing you with Malcolm Tucker :dembelelol:

Scottish Father
English Mother

Proud Brit which is why I don’t support the SNP

So I support any home country but the English FA really pisses me off and has done since they wouldn’t give Cloughie the job

But a lot of people do say I resemble Malcolm :wansum:: ostrich:

Gareth Southgate is a typical FA choice. Will never do something that's not PR friendly but will never win you anything due to his lack of astuteness. The FA are so up themselves they cause the majority of our nations footballing problems. Gareth should be managing a team like Wycombe not the national team. astonishing really that the lack of talent available for this job is so scarce. Our national team has become a Championship side

What’s Wycombe ever done to deserve Southgate?

:ap:

I'm happy with Southgate in the role... 'cos you know who the Media is gonna make it their mission to instil as favourite to take over the moment he leaves or is sacked!
:pochshock::pochwtf::pochohshit::pocheyes::pochrolleyes::pochsulk:

Southgate didnt pick the group....Im no fan of his, and I agree England are dull as shit, but he has a great record in qualifying and no one seemed to mind him before he said something about Dele

It's because the type of football is so Hodgson like, we play against teams like Lithuania who have League two quality and win 1-0 and qualify but we know what will happen when we reach the World Cup and play decent teams.

We don't have a philosophy, there is no England way of playing and it's pretty obvious our squad overall in comparison to say France is weak.

We are the like the international version of Woolwich, same shit different season.

Dele looked bored out of his mind tonight most of them did , there is something majorly wrong when a group of early twenty something's have just realised a life long dream of qualifying for a world cup and none of them can play with a smile on their face in a dead rubber where they could of really expressed themselves without fear of pressure.

Dele looked bored out of his mind tonight most of them did , there is something majorly wrong when a group of early twenty something's have just realised a life long dream of qualifying for a world cup and none of them can play with a smile on their face in a dead rubber where they could of really expressed themselves without fear of pressure.

I think there is always fear and pressure with England - the expectation today was to win 4,5,6 - 0.

Club football is easier as the games come thick and fast, if you have a below par result you get to put it behind you a few days later.

Get Arry in

:harrysmile:

They went with Roy and killed the England team.
They don't want people like Fat Sam and Harry who actually have opinions

Last edited:
They need to play with some freedom. Southgate/England is so humdrum, this influence the mood of the team. Germany only have a smile on their face because they keep winning, its easy to smile -otherwise they are as miserable as fook.. England players will always qualify so the need for this rigid, clean image, trying to adopt everybody elses way of playing is wrong. Bobby Robson 1990 got lucky because they players took over. The team had a personality. The players need the freedom and the fear removed. Southgate is not the one to do this. IMO

They went with Roy and killed the England team.
They don't want people like Fat Sam and Harry who actually have opinions

They never will get Arry but the bloody should, he would get them playing fast attacking football and take the pressure off. Tactically we may be open and inept but we already are whilst playing a dull brand of football.

Back
Top Bottom