Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn't say it was childish. Hopeful perhaps.
Who knows what's round the corner? That's all he's saying. If he wins things here, & is regularly in the CL, then it boils down to wages. And if we can stay at the top table, then the financial rewards will likely follow. If he goes, it will be for a huge fee.
We're all childish in how we view football, we see this as a more emotional family-unit issue, the ground is our home and changes always feel destabilizing like in our domestic environment. Players are more career oriented, we still use the plant language to describe them putting 'shifts' and earning per week, but bottom line they're multi-millionaires with a business empire each.

How many players nowadays play their entire career in one club? I suspect it will be under 1% (dele also came from elsewhere). Dele is a professional player, he's giving 110% when he plays for us but I don't think we should think badly of him if he feels like he might want a go in Barca\Real\Bayern in the future (because in his footballer's brain that's always a step up). As long as he keeps everything classy I can respect that, I feel coming to an understanding with him that he'll carry on for the next 2 years will make him and the club happy.

Players are ambitious little pricks usually moved by misguided agents and symbols of levels in the market. Sad, but that's how it is. The fact that players like Harry or Harry could play their entire career for us is an outlier that says more about them than on the standard player.

He's 21 and being put in front of skysports cameras and being put on the spot whilst asked very leading questions - nothing to see here

Tottenham star Dele Alli to continue progress under Mauricio Pochettino: 'I can't see many better places for me'

And although he admits it is impossible to predict his future, Alli says he is happy to be part of Pochettino's exciting young side who will finish runners-up to Premier League champions Chelsea.

'We all want to achieve stuff,' he told Sky Sports. 'It's a good place to be, and with the manager we've got here I can't see many better places for me personally to improve.

'It's a fantastic club to be a part of. We're all looking to learn together and build together and be as successful as we can.

'You never say what's going to happen in the future, no-one knows, no-one can predict it.

'For me, it's important that I enjoy the journey - whether I stay at Tottenham for the rest of my career or one day I have to leave and it's the right thing for me to do.'

Alli also had some bad news for Premier League defenders as he warned them that he is becoming even better in front of goal.
Dele Alli to continue progress under Mauricio Pochettino | Daily Mail Online

Tottenham star Dele Alli to continue progress under Mauricio Pochettino: 'I can't see many better places for me'

And although he admits it is impossible to predict his future, Alli says he is happy to be part of Pochettino's exciting young side who will finish runners-up to Premier League champions Chelsea.

'We all want to achieve stuff,' he told Sky Sports. 'It's a good place to be, and with the manager we've got here I can't see many better places for me personally to improve.

'It's a fantastic club to be a part of. We're all looking to learn together and build together and be as successful as we can.

'You never say what's going to happen in the future, no-one knows, no-one can predict it.

'For me, it's important that I enjoy the journey - whether I stay at Tottenham for the rest of my career or one day I have to leave and it's the right thing for me to do.'

Alli also had some bad news for Premier League defenders as he warned them that he is becoming even better in front of goal.
Dele Alli to continue progress under Mauricio Pochettino | Daily Mail Online
Honestly, the fact that such an ambitious and talented young player includes 'whether I stay at Tottenham for the rest of my career' is still more commitment than I've heard from some previous players.

It's a pretty nothing answer that keeps all avenues open. As anyone sensible would do.

Honestly, the fact that such an ambitious and talented young player includes 'whether I stay at Tottenham for the rest of my career' is still more commitment than I've heard from some previous players.

It's a pretty nothing answer that keeps all avenues open. As anyone sensible would do.
He's certainly a young man with a sensible head on his shoulders. Either that, or he's got some of the best advisors out there, penning his replies for him pre interview.

Fucking hell, I'm 48 & I wouldn't rule out doing something different before I retire. It really is a nothing story that they are running there...but of course it will pan out that he's agitating for a move & leaving the door open to offers because he doesn't see a future at Spurs.

Very unselfish tonight... you could tell he was very happy for his teammates and he was trying to get Kane as many goals as possible. Not every star player would be as happy when he scores 0 out of a team's 6 goals.

I cant understand why he just cant yes he will be here next season but don't know what the future holds hes just signed a 5 year deal recently now hes struggling to answer yes or no if he will be here next season,maybe he knows something we don't .

Agents generally tell players to neither confirm nor deny. This gives them a bit of leverage when new contracts and wage increases are discussed.

Back
Top Bottom