Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I knew he’d come good once he gets a run of games, he did fine in his first year with us.

Now if only Jose could somehow improve his distribution... that’s the only weak point of his game, he relies too much on Toby to make the forward pass.

I knew he’d come good once he gets a run of games, he did fine in his first year with us.

Now if only Jose could somehow improve his distribution... that’s the only weak point of his game, he relies too much on Toby to make the forward pass.
He is never going to be a great passer of the ball, but he can pick a simple, decent pass to a midfielder, but the problem is that too many of our midfielder's movement is poor or that they are even hiding (Dier, Sissoko) when he is on the ball, it would become much easier for him with a new, good DM + Ndombele in front of him.

The top and bottom of it is he ain't as good as Toby as a RCB and he's not much use on the left.

That's your verdict based on today, is it.....? .....Or when Toby was left on his arse for the decisive goal vs Southampton?

Best defender this year and spent much of it playing on the left of Toby.

Jose's 'doing a Poch'; dropping upcoming, better performing defenders in order to get the old guard to re-sign.

Last edited:
The top and bottom of it is he ain't as good as Toby as a RCB and he's not much use on the left.

He's been better than all of our centre backs this season. Whether that's saying much or not, I don't know.

Its not a coincidence that the 3 games we haven't started him, we haven't won...

Only a deluded fanboy can suck Toby's dick as some people are doing. The guy is average for years now. Don't offer a offensive threat anymore, goes easy on tackles, lost pace, lost his dominance in the air and even his passing are worse. Vert is so much more reliable these days, and he isn't even reliable.

Last edited:
So unfair to compare Davison with Jan/Toby at their peak, their partnership has been developed over 15 years, I think. He's got to have time to make his mark on the side, but unfortunately I don't know if he's going to be given that time. If this season he has Toby as his partner, to enable him to get game time, then next year we can bed in another partner (don't know who that is - Foyth or a new purchase?).
IMO, I think he should play ahead of Jan as CB (that hurts to type, as I love Jan, but he's had his day :( )

So unfair to compare Davison with Jan/Toby at their peak, their partnership has been developed over 15 years, I think. He's got to have time to make his mark on the side, but unfortunately I don't know if he's going to be given that time. If this season he has Toby as his partner, to enable him to get game time, then next year we can bed in another partner (don't know who that is - Foyth or a new purchase?).
IMO, I think he should play ahead of Jan as CB (that hurts to type, as I love Jan, but he's had his day :( )

Frustrating thing is hes a RCB.... He should be replacing Toby, not fighting Jan for game-time.

Frustrating as hell... We break our transfer record spending 40m on a young player to lead our line over the next decade yet Poch buggered it all up two years ago. Toby should be Dav's back-up by now.

Frustrating thing is hes a RCB.... He should be replacing Toby, not fighting Jan for game-time.

Frustrating as hell... We break our transfer record spending 40m on a young player to lead our line over the next decade yet Poch buggered it all up two years ago. Toby should be Dav's back-up by now.
You should know by now I can't tell my left from right :)

Back
Top Bottom