Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No problem....

"Rag-dolled" implies being out-muscled.
"Rolled" implies being 'done' by movement.

Not splitting hairs at all; different phrasing suggests different things.
Well, I reckon he is prone to both. Have you ever noticed how much time he spends trying to defend with his arms? He is not unlike Fat Vincent Janssen-has the raging horn for grabbing people.

Well, I reckon he is prone to both. Have you ever noticed how much time he spends trying to defend with his arms? He is not unlike Fat Vincent Janssen-has the raging horn for grabbing people.

I hate all that shit, but it's so prevalent from both sides.... It's alien to the football I used to play and it baffles me how we don't see more cards and pens as a result.

I hadn't clocked him as being overtly bad for it... I'll keep a keen eye out.

He loves a cheeky shove in the back when ushering a ball out for a goalkick tho. Again, I'm baffled how these things don't get punished more, but he seems to have a technique that ref's tolerate.

At least he can use his arms.

A little over a week ago another centre half somehow lost a goalscorer whilst physically touching him.

Toby and Jan. Oh the 10 goals in 2 games duo....

Very good.
As I said , there is no good combination right now

Toby and Jan have been great defenders and I guess I am hoping they can rediscover that form somewhat

I simply just don't rate Sanchez , don't think he is progressing in anyway , in fact I feel like he has regressed drastically from his first season

Plus his passing out from the back is a disaster , at least the others are comfortable on the ball

As I said , there is no good combination right now.

Toby and Jan have been great defenders and I guess I am hoping they can rediscover that form somewhat

I simply just don't rate Sanchez , don't think he is progressing in anyway , in fact I feel like he has regressed drastically from his first season

He's visibly improving thanks to a run of games... If he can re-find his first season form (when notably he also enjoyed a sustained run) then surely that's a good thing and he can further build from there?

He's visibly improving thanks to a run of games... If he can re-find his first season form (when notably he also enjoyed a sustained run) then surely that's a good thing and he can further build from there?
I am just not seeing this "visible" improvement mate

Maybe he is and I am blind to it , just seeing the same player I have seen for the best part of two years now i'm afraid

As I said , there is no good combination right now

Plus his passing out from the back is a disaster , at least the others are comfortable on the ball

Absolutely agree....

Have been

Best performing defender we have right now.
That's damning with faint praise ain't it? Like skinniest kid at fat camp stuff. It may be fact but it's not really something about which to be proud.

Ignoring weaker links in the proverbial chain is a flawed approach to any potential solution. Include the full backs and anyone else overtly tasked with defensive duties this season; he's out-performing them all.
Fair point but it also points to (non-footballing) errors being made elsewhere...or a cynical plan.

icing sugar
Have you had icing made of anything other than a sugared substance? Feels a little bit liquid water.

Did anyone ever coach the brain farts out of Kyle Walker?
No, but bus-conductor bus-conductor attempted to castigate and ridicule them out. Ultimately he was unsuccessful but not from lack of trying.
No problem....

"Rag-dolled" implies being out-muscled.
"Rolled" implies being 'done' by movement.

Not splitting hairs at all; different phrasing suggests different things.
Yes, and both do happen. But against Rondon(🥰) it was embarrassing. But most times it is a combination of balance and leverage (more rolled than outright ragdolled but the tussle can be mistaken). He gets preoccupied with body-ing the player which he did in the ManU game as well. I don't understand it since he has the recovery pace.

If there is a hair to be split, he's your man.
I could attempt it on the 5 remaining on your pate if you desire a little help my slappy friend.

Folk waiting for Toby/jan of 16/18 to return think Bale's coming "home" too. Not going to happen they are both finished. I'm depressed by the thought that we will regress playing long ball football and old once good pro's under an old past it manager. The game constantly evolves( I so hope I'm wrong).

Back
Top Bottom