Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've seen enough of Foyth to say I want Sanchez in starting lineup.

Don't get me wrong, he's good at times, but his problem is that he can be best ever the whole game and then he does stupid thing and we're fucked.

No matter how good he performs at times, he's liability.

See what I did there? :troll:

the guy saved us numerous times. someone los their man on the offside call and Davinson made a goal-saving tackle at the end after being a good 5+ metres behind. His pace is a great asset.
Yes, I like birthday cake, but I wouldn't like a birthday cake that has dog poo in the place of icing sugar, and that's what I said.

Last edited:
And that's the manager's job, get the psyche and mentality of the player right, as he has all the physical attributes.

Put it like this, if Gnabry in the upcoming fixture gets 1 on 1 with a centre half, who would you want it to be?
First job is to make sure that our back line is not overworked. Everyone gets their fucking finger out-not like the dozy rubbish we served up last night. Dav plays, Reidy Reidy , but how do you coach the madness out of a player? He has his good points, but do I want to build a defence around him? No.

First job is to make sure that our back line is not overworked. Everyone gets their fucking finger out-not like the dozy rubbish we served up last night. Dav plays, Reidy Reidy , but how do you coach the madness out of a player? He has his good points, but do I want to build a defence around him? No.

Spend the last 2 years being martial-ed by Vert he'd be on a completely different level by now.

He's spent the bulk of his senior career alongside a teenage DeLigt and a faltering Alderweireld.

What do you propose, JFC? A brain transplant? Did anyone ever coach the brain farts out of Kyle Walker?
And how do you coach Toby to make sure he doesn't lose a player he's touch tight to, or let quick players past without a tackle.

How to you stop Jan's impulses and failing to stop players running in behind him

Or Foyth and his brain farts?

Out of our players, only Dav has the genuine physical attributes.

And how do you coach Toby to make sure he doesn't lose a player he's touch tight to, or let quick players past without a tackle.

How to you stop Jan's impulses and failing to stop players running in behind him

Or Foyth and his brain farts?

Out of our players, only Dav has the genuine physical attributes.
But I am not excusing their failings, Reidy Reidy . I am trying to talk specifically about Dav's pros and cons. He doesn't exude calm, and we already have a jittery git of a captain between the sticks. I am not suggesting we hand out long-term contracts to old men. If we can upgrade on every single one of them, I am all for it.

And if Dav is such a specimen, why does he get ragdolled so often?

Do you think he is top drawer or do you just think he is the best of an average bunch?

Last edited:
But I am not excusing their failings, Reidy Reidy . I am trying to talk specifically about Dav's pros and cons. He doesn't exude calm, and we already have a jittery git of a captain between the sticks. I am not suggesting we hand out long-term contracts to old men. If we can upgrade on every single one of them, I am all for it.

And if Dav is such a specimen, why does he get rag-dolled so much?

Do you think he is top drawer or do you just think he is the best of an average bunch?

Well, we don't have a top drawer CB, so for now poo filled cake will have to do.

And if Dav is such a specimen, why does he get rag-dolled so much?

He's the best of a bad bunch with the ability to become top drawer.

If Mourinho is the manager we all think he is, he'll make Dav better.

However, what would make Dav massively better is Wilmar Barrios as an insurance policy

Jan looks much closer to finished to me. Toby I think there is something left still, would probably give him a 2 year contract if he's sign it.
There both finished and though poorer with the ball Sanchez is better than both now. Have a look around the world there are not many brilliant defenders. Look at Deligt cost the earth but he makes worse changers than Davidson, ditto but is way better on the ball, he is worse in the air too. Matip at Liverpool looks a worldwide and he is just steady. Sanchez is good enough but he needs a mobile quicker senior partner. If we were an oil/evil money club Milan Skriniar. But we are looking for even less experience in Ben Goffrey. Make mo mistake Sanchez ain't getting upgraded but Jan/toby have to. Tarkowski /Mee Sokratis/ Ottamendi/ Keane none are better than Sanchez. The one I'm not sure about is Dunk. Love to hear some thoughts on him. Also proper pissed at the bloke Lecister mugged off United over Maguire with. How the hell did we miss him?😡

There both finished and though poorer with the ball Sanchez is better than both now. Have a look around the world there are not many brilliant defenders. Look at Deligt cost the earth but he makes worse changers than Davidson, ditto but is way better on the ball, he is worse in the air too. Matip at Liverpool looks a worldwide and he is just steady. Sanchez is good enough but he needs a mobile quicker senior partner. If we were an oil/evil money club Milan Skriniar. But we are looking for even less experience in Ben Goffrey. Make mo mistake Sanchez ain't getting upgraded but Jan/toby have to. Tarkowski /Mee Sokratis/ Ottamendi/ Keane none are better than Sanchez. The one I'm not sure about is Dunk. Love to hear some thoughts on him. Also proper pissed at the bloke Lecister mugged off United over Maguire with. How the hell did we miss him?😡

Exactly. CB game in general is weak in PL and worldwide at the moment. You're talking about Soyuncu in Leicester right? Amazing talent.

They already bought Söyüncü in the summer of 2018 for £19m. Sadly now he is forming one of the most solid centre-back pairings in the league with Jonny Evans (who they bought for £3m).
Johnny Evans who is improving at 31 while Toby at 30 and Jan at 32 are seemingly finished

And if Dav is such a specimen, why does he get ragdolled so often?

By "so-often" do you mean against Rondon over a year ago?

...Is this like Ben Davies getting roasted for pace "every week"?

I think Dav is continuing to improve with sustained gametime... Why should that suddenly hit a celing at 23?

Back
Top Bottom