Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like Davinson, he's not perfect but he's 23 and has the right attributes. He needs to cut out the mistakes, but he's so physically gifted that he's worth playing to get him more experience and see if he can cut those mistakes out. He's got the potential, would not be surprised if he's one of our CBs for years to come, or he's playing in Russia or Turkey in 2 seasons.

I like Davinson, he's not perfect but he's 23 and has the right attributes. He needs to cut out the mistakes, but he's so physically gifted that he's worth playing to get him more experience and see if he can cut those mistakes out. He's got the potential, would not be surprised if he's one of our CBs for years to come, or he's playing in Russia or Turkey in 2 seasons.
Nothing like having a bit .......

Mourinho will have new relationships to build with players who he hasn't previously worked with at former clubs, but one player in particular he may have to build bridges with.

That man is Davinson Sanchez, who Mourinho admitted to having highlighted as a weakness in the Europa League final when Manchester United faced Ajax back in 207.

Last edited:
Mourinho will have new relationships to build with players who he hasn't previously worked with at former clubs, but one player in particular he may have to build bridges with.

That man is Davinson Sanchez, who Mourinho admitted to having highlighted as a weakness in the Europa League final when Manchester United faced Ajax back in 207.
And it's now almost 2020, he has improved... Right?

Davinson actually strikes me as a very Mourinho defender because he is very strong and can win a lot of challenges. Mourinho highlighted his weaknesses on the ball in a possession side, but that’s not going to be our bread and butter under him, so maybe not the end of Davinson.

Mourinho has on multiple occasions wreaked praise on Alderweireld and wanted him at Man U so he will probably play every game until the end of the season so it’s between Vert and Sanchez for that left sided CB. It’s going to be interesting but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sanchez dropped which would be a real shame but I reckon Mourinho is going to look at getting the best from his senior players and gutting the team come summer. The high line has not been suiting Vert and Alderweireld as of late so Mourinhos tactics could potentially really suit those two...potentially.

I personally really like Sanchez. He’s got the physical attributes - height, strength and very pacy for a CB - but he needs to cut the mistakes out and work on his passing and composure on the ball. These are all easily worked on in training and the guy is still very young. CBs come into their prime much later than other positions so it’s imperative that he gets game time. It’s going to be a very interesting 7 months for this lad

Davinson actually strikes me as a very Mourinho defender because he is very strong and can win a lot of challenges. Mourinho highlighted his weaknesses on the ball in a possession side, but that’s not going to be our bread and butter under him, so maybe not the end of Davinson.

Surely if he's that good a defensive coach, he can improve him, no?

Mourinho has on multiple occasions wreaked praise on Alderweireld and wanted him at Man U so he will probably play every game until the end of the season so it’s between Vert and Sanchez for that left sided CB. It’s going to be interesting but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sanchez dropped which would be a real shame but I reckon Mourinho is going to look at getting the best from his senior players and gutting the team come summer. The high line has not been suiting Vert and Alderweireld as of late so Mourinhos tactics could potentially really suit those two...potentially.

I personally really like Sanchez. He’s got the physical attributes - height, strength and very pacy for a CB - but he needs to cut the mistakes out and work on his passing and composure on the ball. These are all easily worked on in training and the guy is still very young. CBs come into their prime much later than other positions so it’s imperative that he gets game time. It’s going to be a very interesting 7 months for this lad
Well then Jose is making a huge blunder right away and the posts about his successor will be meaningful.

A football manager with Jose's experience should see Toby is the defensive weak link.

He is definitely winning brownie points with Jose so far.

Yes, he looks shaky at times. But I think part of that is that he is just a lanky fucker. King was similar at times as well. But he is a quality defender and he is our only CB with legs on him and saved our bacon quite a few times tonight.

I have been critical of him many times here.

But yesterday he was really good for us, and I have to give him credit for that.
Without him we would have leaked more goals in 1st half. And if there would have been 0:3, I am not sure we would have managed to come back from it.

That does not mean I am fully convinced about him, but yesterday he was really good.

I agree. Though still a problem area and he’s not without a few panicky moments every game.

I prefer it when he is paired with Jan as the right/left combo looks more natural...Toby sometimes looks all at sea on the left hand side.

Defo our future though and the more big Dave plays the better he’ll get

Back
Top Bottom