Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can see him growing.... Still only 23. I'm confident he'll become all we wanted him to be in time.

(....It's the beard and no-nonsense hair cut.)

He was in a daft position on the goal today but our whole defense was wrong. Toby had come way too far across, Davinson came to him to reduce the distance between them but didn’t know Rose hadn’t bothered to come over to cover Joelinton. Sissoko couldn’t be arsed to close the ball down making it easy for the ball to come over the top.

Complacent defending from all involved. Newcastle were wearing bright orange kits but still none of our defenders seemed to notice their striker was unmarked.

Don't even try to compare Toby and Davinson. Don't you dare.

They were both shit last season and neither of them have started this season very well either. What Davinson did today was no better or worse than what Toby did against City by letting Aguero just walk across him and score.

Our defense has conceded 4 goals in 3 games and could easily have conceded many more, it’s been a poor start from all of them.

They were both shit last season and neither of them have started this season very well either. What Davinson did today was no better or worse than what Toby did against City by letting Aguero just walk across him and score.

Our defense has conceded 4 goals in 3 games and could easily have conceded many more, it’s been a poor start from all of them.
lol at you

Toby wasn't shit, stop it.

Who's Davinson covering with Newcastle goal, tell me please?

Toby let Aguero walk across him? Do you know how hard is defend that. Actually it was mistake by Rose and Winks, then Davinson who couldn't stop the cross even though he was coverning no-one and the ball just passed him too.

It's been poor start from our defense, but that's have to do with the fact that KWP, Sanchez and Rose AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH.

I just don't rate the guy. I honestly do not know what our scouts saw that made them think he was worthy of being our record signing at the time and future of our defence.
Did they just think "oh he's a center back playing for Ajax, he MUST be good"?

He's so clumsy it's unbelievable. Even when he appears the have a situation completely under control I'm still bricking it that's he's somehow gonna fuck it up. He's so unbelievably poor on the ball that it makes playing out from the back so difficult on his side. His positioning, tackling and decision making are also so so average.

It might seem harsh but I'm honestly tired of trying to defend the guy. If he was playing for any of our rivals we'd be ripping the piss out of him.
Cut the bullshit Poch and get Jan back in the team.

I just don't rate the guy. I honestly do not know what our scouts saw that made them think he was worthy of being our record signing at the time and future of our defence.
Did they just think "oh he's a center back playing for Ajax, he MUST be good"?

He's so clumsy it's unbelievable. Even when he appears the have a situation completely under control I'm still bricking it that's he's somehow gonna fuck it up. He's so unbelievably poor on the ball that it makes playing out from the back so difficult on his side. His positioning, tackling and decision making are also so so average.

It might seem harsh but I'm honestly tired of trying to defend the guy. If he was playing for any of our rivals we'd be ripping the piss out of him.
Cut the bullshit Poch and get Jan back in the team.
I rated this 'haha' because it made me laugh. But I also agree with it and have done since his first season. I always wondered what folks saw beyond his pace in sweeping up in a 3. It's like he's about to have a panic attack with the ball at his feet.

lol at you

Toby wasn't shit, stop it.

Who's Davinson covering with Newcastle goal, tell me please?

Toby let Aguero walk across him? Do you know how hard is defend that. Actually it was mistake by Rose and Winks, then Davinson who couldn't stop the cross even though he was coverning no-one and the ball just passed him too.

It's been poor start from our defense, but that's have to do with the fact that KWP, Sanchez and Rose AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH.
Toby was a top 3 player for us last season :vertna::deledoubt:

lol

Toby isn't what he used to be, but still is class for Sanchez.

Don't tell me you're confident seeing him with the ball or players going at him. Fuck sake, just be real.
Ok, well explain why Toby (whose performance away to PSV was worse than anything Davinson ever produced by the way) is constantly being found badly out of position. Why he can't win headers anymore, and why he is a liability against speed.

And aask yourself this. He was desperate to leave, yet no one apart from Roma were interested. why do you think that was?

I rated this 'haha' because it made me laugh. But I also agree with it and have done since his first season. I always wondered what folks saw beyond his pace in sweeping up in a 3. It's like he's about to have a panic attack with the ball at his feet.
Agreed mate. I know he still has some time on his side, (although people who still talk about him as if he is a complete rookie do need to wake up and smell the coffee I reckon), but I just don't see him as our future defensive leader.

Put it this way, when, not if, Toby and Jan leave, we are no question going to have to spend big on a new centre half, which is once again a negative mark against our recruitment/team strategy considering the massive investment made in Sánchez.

Agreed mate. I know he still has some time on his side, (although people who still talk about him as if he is a complete rookie do need to wake up and smell the coffee I reckon), but I just don't see him as our future defensive leader.

Put it this way, when, not if, Toby and Jan leave, we are no question going to have to spend big on a new centre half, which is once again a negative mark against our recruitment/team strategy considering the massive investment made in Sánchez.
We fucked up hugely last season. I posted on here we didn't need a fortune for Toby, just enough to replace him with De Ligt. We fannied about with De Ligt, he signed with the fat slug and it was game over.

Poch knows Sanchez is a poor player compared to Vertongen but he's so busy apologising to pep Guardiola for a VAR call, and Mike Dean for hating Spurs, but he picks on Vertongen a great Spurs defender......

Back
Top Bottom