Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucken get a grip
It's not like in the past couple of years that..

Onana has improved vastly
Mazouri is a top quality RB
Tagliafico is a top quality LB
Blind has had a good season
De Ligt is probably the best defender in World football
De Jong and VDB are fantastic players who hve come through in the past 2 years
Tadic has been fantastic
Ditto Schone
Ditto Ziyech
Ditto Neres

Nope, all down to getting rid of Dav….honestly guv...

Classic case of second season syndrome.

He'll be back next year learning from his experiences.

There is an abundance of attacking class in this League and a young defender will always have tough times.

He was fantastic last season.

You say Davinson is quick but I feel that he's lost a yard of pace. I've seen him outpaced a few times lately. My perception could be wrong though and I'd be interested in what other people think.

I think it’s more that he seems to ease up too early before he’s actually won the race with the opponents, not that he doesn’t have the pace. I've seen him make up a lot of ground when he gets caught out so he definitely has pace. He has to be more aggressive and determined in his defending, he is prone to losing focus before the danger has been dealt with.

He simply needs to use his brain more, the best defenders are relaxed and ruthless at the same time. Too often Davinson either panics and rushes out or relaxes so much that he doesn't actually defend when he's in a good position. The penalty he conceded against Woolwich is a perfect example, it should be impossible to concede a foul in that situation as he was in the right position and anticipated the danger, but somehow he did. He needs to add that focus to his game and he can be world class. He has all the tools at his disposal.

Last edited:
I think it’s more that he seems to ease up too early before he’s actually won the race with the opponents, not that he doesn’t have the pace. I've seen him make up a lot of ground when he gets caught out so he definitely has pace. He has to be more aggressive and determined in his defending, he is prone to losing focus before the danger has been dealt with.

He simply needs to use his brain more, the best defenders are relaxed and ruthless at the same time. Too often Davinson either panics and rushes out or relaxes so much that he doesn't actually defend when he's in a good position. The penalty he conceded against Woolwich is a perfect example, it should be impossible to concede a foul in that situation as he was in the right position and anticipated the danger, but somehow he did. He needs to add that focus to his game and he can be world class. He has all the tools at his disposal.
A lot of that is solved by playing. Experience makes you smarter.

I also think he has put on some muscle if I am not mistaken. Probably as a solution to getting muscles off the ball by strikers so often. Which probably affects his speed as well.

Highlights from last night's Copa America game vs Argentina. Dav had a great game playing as the left sided CB. That is very promising for us in my opinion.

Always felt he’s better when we’re defending a lot. Seems to drift out of the game if there isn’t a lot of pressure against us.

That’s a mental thing and something he needs to improve

Always felt he’s better when we’re defending a lot. Seems to drift out of the game if there isn’t a lot of pressure against us.

That’s a mental thing and something he needs to improve
It will come with playing time and experience. Most center backs hit their peak around 26-27 so it'll come.

It probably helps that the new Colombia manager has them set up to play some good counter attacking football, they invited Argentina in to make the mistakes and capitalized on it.

He’s an excellent player and another one thrown under the bus last year
I think he's got an excellent future, but for me his performances have always been fairly uneven and I worry about his decision making. He's just young for a CB and I expect him to continue maturing, but I think he's a ways off of Jan and Toby just at the moment.

I think he's got an excellent future, but for me his performances have always been fairly uneven and I worry about his decision making. He's just young for a CB and I expect him to continue maturing, but I think he's a ways off of Jan and Toby just at the moment.
He was way ahead of Toby when Toby could just about get in the team for Rotherham.
But Poch wiped the slate clean at Sanchez expense and stunted his development for a year.
Only plays in a back three where the whole team is basically a joke, then gets judged on it.

Davidson always seem to play tight for Spurs. He’s much more comfortable when playing for Columbia and his performances reflect that. Picked out quite a few passes last night.

I think Poch has put the handbrake on him a bit to be honest, but he needs to just play his game.

Has gotten bullied many times since he joined Spurs but won a couple of battles last season. He is too much of an investment to write off but still hopeful about him.

Back
Top Bottom