Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As a Dutch Ajax fan, it's nice to see he already shows the level we've seen from him in Amsterdam. I told you guys Vincent Janssen wasn't a good signing for you and in this case you will all agree with me, Davinson is a very good signing. He only played a year for Ajax, but his level is much higher than it was for Toby and Jan when they left our club. With all those former Ajax players in your team, it's time to win the league this year!

Edit: Oh btw please leave our current players in Amsterdam for awhile:troll:
Can we have De Ligt in a few years? :llorishowudoin:

Yeah, I'd really love for us to lay off of you guys for a while. I don't want to risk a falling out between the fans of our two fantastic clubs. Ajax is such an incredible footballing club and scouting outfit, consistently reinventing the entire first team squad. Hurts me a little bit to see you guys get picked apart year after year, and right now we're the biggest offender...
Haha yeah that's unfortunately the faith of a club in the Dutch Eredivisie. It's of course because of the same footballl philosophy that you like to buy our players. At the same time that's the reason that a lot of Ajax fans also support the Spurs. The only problem we had with the Sanchez transfers was the Coutinho/Van Dijk-move he made.

We want to give you a fair price! Better taking our sheckels than Chelskis dirty money!

That's for sure! Plus the fact that our players always get playing time at Spurs, you give them a chance, where the big money teams always buy them to fill up the squad.

Don't you have some sort of frequent flyers club we could join??

Can we at least get Air Miles or Tiger Coupons when we buy from you??
Haha we can try to fix something! 1 Ajax bonus miles for every million and with 100 Ajax bonus miles you get dibs on our first players that is ready to play in the top of the Premier League.

That's for sure! Plus the fact that our players always get playing time at Spurs, you give them a chance, where the big money teams always buy them to fill up the squad.

Haha we can try to fix something! 1 Ajax bonus miles for every million and with 100 Ajax bonus miles you get dibs on our first players that is ready to play in the top of the Premier League.
Ajax VIP lounge at the new stadium. Next to the cheese room

Considering he spent a year at Ajax his passing isn't great. Takes far too many touches to play a simple pass. It slows down our play quite a lot - taking 5 seconds on the ball every time he gets it eats into minutes.

Obviously first year here, young, new to the league etc, fair enough. But he still looks uncomfortable with the ball.

He was dreadful today to be honest.

Far too physical (which he'll learn and sometimes he'll get away with) but he's fouling in dangerous positions too. Needless fouls. He doesn't need to be so tight, especially considering how quick he is.

He's more Raw than Monday nights in the late nineties.

I don't particularly like fast defenders, as they've generally been able to neglect the fundamental development of reading and positioning due to their ability to rectify such errors with pure physicality at youth level/lower standard.

Luckily Pocchettino is the finest polisher of turds in football, and will hopefully instill a brain in the kid.

He wasn't poor. Apart from a couple of fouls towards the end he was excellent. They created NOTHING, because of Sanchez neutralizing Abraham and their attempts of playing direct balls in behind our back line.

Listen i get he's a new signing so people tend to overlook the bad and exaggerate the good but tge fuck are you smoking?
Sanchez was poor yesterday and it was clear as day. Neutralised Abraham?? Abraham was their best player and got the better of Sanchez in near enough every duel they had. Sanchez also made a few mistakes that could have easily cost us (him fouling Abraham when it was a 1 on 1 situation and him passing back to Hugo not noticing Abraham lurking) and he was continuously fouling near the end.
He looks a real good talent overall and can potentially be brilliant but yesterday was an off day. "He was excellent"..give over mate.

Tbf I left the game yesterday thinking Sanchez did really well. Normally in games like yesterday I feel like the opposition will nick a goal at the end just to rub it in. I never felt like that yesterday and mainly cos of Sanchez. Think the fouls right at the end have lead to a bit of frustration with his performance that is a bit unwarranted.

That back pass was a heart in mouth moment tho lol

Back
Top Bottom