Davinson Sanchez

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Airfixx

Cherub
But I am not excusing their failings, Reidy Reidy . I am trying to talk specifically about Dav's pros and cons. He doesn't exude calm, and we already have a jittery git of a captain between the sticks. I am not suggesting we hand out long-term contracts to old men. If we can upgrade on every single one of them, I am all for it.

And if Dav is such a specimen, why does he get ragdolled so often?

Do you think he is top drawer or do you just think he is the best of an average bunch?
By "so-often" do you mean against Rondon over a year ago?

...Is this like Ben Davies getting roasted for pace "every week"?

I think Dav is continuing to improve with sustained gametime... Why should that suddenly hit a celing at 23?

Register to remove

Register to remove

Five

Supporter
Shiver me timbers
No problem....

"Rag-dolled" implies being out-muscled.
"Rolled" implies being 'done' by movement.

Not splitting hairs at all; different phrasing suggests different things.
Well, I reckon he is prone to both. Have you ever noticed how much time he spends trying to defend with his arms? He is not unlike Fat Vincent Janssen-has the raging horn for grabbing people.

Airfixx

Cherub
Well, I reckon he is prone to both. Have you ever noticed how much time he spends trying to defend with his arms? He is not unlike Fat Vincent Janssen-has the raging horn for grabbing people.
I hate all that shit, but it's so prevalent from both sides.... It's alien to the football I used to play and it baffles me how we don't see more cards and pens as a result.

I hadn't clocked him as being overtly bad for it... I'll keep a keen eye out.

He loves a cheeky shove in the back when ushering a ball out for a goalkick tho. Again, I'm baffled how these things don't get punished more, but he seems to have a technique that ref's tolerate.

At least he can use his arms.

A little over a week ago another centre half somehow lost a goalscorer whilst physically touching him.

Toby and Jan. Oh the 10 goals in 2 games duo....

Very good.
As I said , there is no good combination right now

Toby and Jan have been great defenders and I guess I am hoping they can rediscover that form somewhat

I simply just don't rate Sanchez , don't think he is progressing in anyway , in fact I feel like he has regressed drastically from his first season

Plus his passing out from the back is a disaster , at least the others are comfortable on the ball

Register to remove

Airfixx

Cherub
As I said , there is no good combination right now.

Toby and Jan have been great defenders and I guess I am hoping they can rediscover that form somewhat

I simply just don't rate Sanchez , don't think he is progressing in anyway , in fact I feel like he has regressed drastically from his first season
He's visibly improving thanks to a run of games... If he can re-find his first season form (when notably he also enjoyed a sustained run) then surely that's a good thing and he can further build from there?

Top Bottom