Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was really good apart from that one moment where he almost cost us the game by dawdling on the ball. Definitely need him to be our starting CB, with consistent starts he will continue to improve.

He did play well yesterday and stood up very well to Richarlison's bully boy tactics.

The only concerns I have with him is that he seems to get too tight to the attacker. This makes it easier to get turned (see the possible penalty shout for Everton, the Richarlison one).
Also it means that he sometimes gets caught under the high ball rather than being able to attack it.

He did play well yesterday and stood up very well to Richarlison's bully boy tactics.

The only concerns I have with him is that he seems to get too tight to the attacker. This makes it easier to get turned (see the possible penalty shout for Everton, the Richarlison one).
Also it means that he sometimes gets caught under the high ball rather than being able to attack it.
At least he gets tight to his man. Toby just runs into no mans land and leaves the others round him wondering where the fuck the spare man keeps coming from.

Lucky not to be sent off twice. An accident waiting to happen when he has the ball. Everton had 2 dangerous counter-attacks in the first half courtesy of him, and he brought Richarlison down when he was the last man. You cannot go out and sign a player like that when your intention is to dominate possession. Heads should roll for it. Attempted to clear Digne's cross for Everton's goal with his foot. He is rash/clumsy/takes up bad angles 1v1/gets rolled repeatedly.

Lucky not to be sent off twice. An accident waiting to happen when he has the ball. Everton had 2 dangerous counter-attacks in the first half courtesy of him, and he brought Richarlison down when he was the last man. You cannot go out and sign a player like that when your intention is to dominate possession. Heads should roll for it. Attempted to clear Digne's cross for Everton's goal with his foot. He is rash/clumsy/takes up bad angles 1v1/gets rolled repeatedly.

Such an overreaction... Richarlison is a dirty scummy diver. A weak breeze would've sent him to the ground

Such an overreaction... Richarlison is a dirty scummy diver. A weak breeze would've sent him to the ground
And no cards shown. That is where VAR needs to reclaim its validity - not in the in game decision making but in the post match assessment and the retrospective allocation of yellow cards.

Mane - diver. Yellow given by the ref - everything works.
Richarlison - diver. No cards given - VAR analysis should retrospectively issue a yellow.
Sonny - The sweetest man you could ever meet - 3 points awarded to THFC.

Actually, maybe Sonny could get a yellow for simulation and I would live with that if it meant that:
  1. I don't have to watch top 4 teams get penalties when other don't for the same offence because of some software that is based on the buffet laid on by said teams.
  2. I don't have to suffer VAR's infinite replays because it sucks.

And no cards shown. That is where VAR needs to reclaim its validity - not in the in game decision making but in the post match assessment and the retrospective allocation of yellow cards.

Mane - diver. Yellow given by the ref - everything works.
Richarlison - diver. No cards given - VAR analysis should retrospectively issue a yellow.
Sonny - The sweetest man you could ever meet - 3 points awarded to THFC.

Actually, maybe Sonny could get a yellow for simulation and I would live with that if it meant that:
  1. I don't have to watch top 4 teams get penalties when other don't for the same offence because of some software that is based on the buffet laid on by said teams.
  2. I don't have to suffer VAR's infinite replays because it sucks.
I would go further. A straight red for diving, 3 match ban.
Only way to stop it.

I like him and he should be our first choice CB. Not the finished article but needs to play more often in his strongest position to build up confidence and understanding with the rest of the back four (whoever they may be). Toby and Jan's partnership has developed since they were teenagers, and at their peak, were a joy to behold. But age catches up with everyone, and we now need to look to the future and Davy has to be part of that future.

I like him and he should be our first choice CB. Not the finished article but needs to play more often in his strongest position to build up confidence and understanding with the rest of the back four (whoever they may be). Toby and Jan's partnership has developed since they were teenagers, and at their peak, were a joy to behold. But age catches up with everyone, and we now need to look to the future and Davy has to be part of that future.
We say age catches up with everyone.

Toby is younger than Johnny Evans or Nicolas Otamendi, both of whom stepped up their games and left Toby in the weeds. Jan is 32, by no means old.

Age hasn't down for our defenders, a general decline in ability, and as I said last season, Toby is either injured, worried about getting injured or just turned into a general shitebag.

Mrs P I think Mr P is wondering what you were watching him ( Mr P ) do all those glorious years defending.......... because D Sanchez is not the answer
But Mr P didn't start out as a defender, it was only later in his career that he ended up as a full back. And not fair to compare Davy at this stage of his career to the legend that is Steve Perryman. :)

Steady improvement with every game now that he has been getting a run of games. Has a blunder or so in each game but to be honest, that is to be expected with his age and our relatively high positioning for our backline. That in itself invites mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom