Davinson Sanchez

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Dav? ...When?

1 red card vs Watford for a debatable elbow and now he has a track record of silly challenges?

The few blunders he's made were simply getting outfoxed by an ST.

Sounds like typecasting Aurier as the man that can't take a throw because of one game (even tho u see them up and down the league every week going unpunished).
Agree that he doesn't have the reds or pens given to back my statement, but I do think he attempts physicality a bit too much when in dangerous positions. Sometimes, I think he just needs to rely on his immense athleticism to win his battles. There have been many shoulder shrugs where he has been caught out. Maybe not in the box, but when up field or when the ball is played on the flanks.

His mental errors are like his error against city, pool, or arse (can't remember who it was) where he headed a ball down into the ground, at the center line, and lost all control the play. It resulted in a goal I believe. He just makes some interesting choices that I think will be ironed out with game time. He def had a better first season that last year and that is down to minutes.

Register to remove

Airfixx

It's all about the badge on the front....
Agree that he doesn't have the reds or pens given to back my statement, but I do think he attempts physicality a bit too much when in dangerous positions. Sometimes, I think he just needs to rely on his immense athleticism to win his battles. There have been many shoulder shrugs where he has been caught out. Maybe not in the box, but when up field or when the ball is played on the flanks.

His mental errors are like his error against city, pool, or arse (can't remember who it was) where he headed a ball down into the ground, at the center line, and lost all control the play. It resulted in a goal I believe. He just makes some interesting choices that I think will be ironed out with game time.
You've entirely revised your criticism... (Previously "Silly challenges" a la Foyth's who HAS made a number of rash challenges resulting in reds and pens).

He def had a better first season that last year and that is down to minutes.
Yeh, he had a steady run in the side the year before with a settled back line around him.... In and out and a line-up in constant flux this year.

He's a big lad AND athletic.. He's learning what his body can do for him... If required don't you WANT him to be able to mix it up with the bigger STs? (Afterall, his doubters also gave him shit for being out-muscled by Rondon vs WBA....)

Give the guy a break. Let him grow... You'd think his first season would buy him some patience, not be a measuring stick to beat him with.

Last edited:
Spot on. One of my mates played in goal at quite a decent level, he always said that he would scream "keeper" and anyone that got in the way got clattered.
He used to say that was the difference between a good goalkeeper and a great one. A good keeper will make saves but a great does that and commands his box.
I was told the same at kids level (and that as a GK the defenders 'work' for you).... That and never hesitate; whatever you do commit to it 100%.
Yeah, he said as much, he was constantly talking to/screaming at his back four. He also came out with the "raised knee" that a lot of keepers favour every time he came out to catch a cross/corner.

Airfixx

Yeah, he said as much, he was constantly talking to/screaming at his back four. He also came out with the "raised knee" that a lot of keepers favour every time he came out to catch a cross/corner.
Don't blame him.... You get the crap kicked out of you otherwise... Especially in less 'fluffier' times and leagues.

Don't blame him.... You get the crap kicked out of you otherwise... Especially in less 'fluffier' times and leagues.
Very much so, he took no prisoners and I think his general attitude was to get his retaliation in first.
He was offered training/trials at a few pro clubs, but he was more interested in playing in a team with his mates plus booze and birds.

He had a decent enough game last night in the Copa America semi against Chile, pinged some pretty pinpoint long range crossfield passes during the match, still a bit suspect defensively at times.
For the first goal that Chile had disallowed, he and Ospina got in each other's way, but obviously watching on TV you can't tell who was at fault as regards giving the other player a call.
In injury time he pulled the attackers shoulder who went down for a penalty appeal. He got away with it but it was not smart. Frustrating when Sanchez, Aurier and Foyth continue to make mistakes they should of learnt from. All 3 could be great.

You've entirely revised your criticism... (Previously "Silly challenges" a la Foyth's who HAS made a number of rash challenges resulting in reds and pens).

Yeh, he had a steady run in the side the year before with a settled back line around him.... In and out and a line-up in constant flux this year.

He's a big lad AND athletic.. He's learning what his body can do for him... If required don't you WANT him to be able to mix it up with the bigger STs? (Afterall, his doubters also gave him shit for being out-muscled by Rondon vs WBA....)

Give the guy a break. Let him grow... You'd think his first season would buy him some patience, not be a measuring stick to beat him with.
Lol...def beating the guy up. Been a supporter of his and believe in his ability. Unfortunately for him he is behind a pair that are certainly in the running for best at their position.

I do think Sanchez has made rash and stupid challenges all over the park, luckily for him, most have come outside the penalty spot. Something he will learn not to do.

Register to remove

Airfixx

Lol...def beating the guy up.
Not quite what I said tho' is it.... "lol"?

(I said a good season shouldn't become a stick to beat him with, it should afford him some patience)

Been a supporter of his and believe in his ability.
Pretty sure we had this debate in the "other match thread' during last season however

Honestly thought he was awful in the first half, where he was all over the place, but excellent in the second. Hopefully all he needs is experience to get up to standard for a full ninety.

Register to remove

BangkokSpud

Supporter
Clearly at 23 he's already an outstanding CB chances are he will only get better ... with Toby and Jan on the way out it looks like Poch has decided that our 40m replacement is now going to get game time. Fully expect him to be a near permanent fixture with either Jan, Toby or both alongside him.

His extra yard of pace around the box made all the difference in that second forty-five ... let's hope we have a decade watching Sanchez clock up 500 Spurs appearances ... the guy is a ready made legend

Last edited:
Top Bottom