Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Toby.

He's been at fault for as many goals as Jan or Dav has.

It's just his errors have been less glaring. When Dav or Jan fuck up, they do it in style.

Alderweireld was at fault for the goals against Burnley? I've got Foyth marking Woods from a corner as Pochs error and a combination of Aurier, Sissoko, Eriksen and Vertonghen for their winner.

The Chelsea opener was poor from Alderweireld but not necessarily an individual error. I'd put it down to him being on his unnatural side which is to supposedly help out Sanchez. That goal stemmed from Eriksen though once again.

Theyve all been poor though, I will agree on that.

All our defenders have different attributes, Dav is good in the air,
Alderweireld was at fault for the goals against Burnley? I've got Foyth marking Woods from a corner as Pochs error and a combination of Aurier, Sissoko, Eriksen and Vertonghen for their winner.

The Chelsea opener was poor from Alderweireld but not necessarily an individual error. I'd put it down to him being on his unnatural side which is to supposedly help out Sanchez. That goal stemmed from Eriksen though once again.

Theyve all been poor though, I will agree on that.

The Burnley opener. There were photos on MSN that showed that Alderweireld (as he has done many times this season) failed to get off the ground properly to win the header. Wood was actually stooped to head home. Yes he was Foyth's man, but Toby was the free man (as he has been most of this season) and as he has done most of this season, jumped under the ball.

Second Burnley goal, his man had 5 yards of space on the edge of our penalty area. What was Toby doing, turned to try and force him on the outside. Shocking defending that Foyth would have got dogs abuse for.

Chelsea, Pedro didn't have the ball under control and actually made it harder for himself going with his left foot. Toby expected to be taken on the outside got skinned on the inside.

Had a pretty poor game for Columbia apparently, anyone watch it?
From the highlights I saw he seemed to have his usual up and down game. Son went past him for the first goal, but the keeper made a howler.

In fairness, from what I saw, Son was the outstanding talent on the pitch and would trouble many top defenders, not just Dav.

Oh ffs, what was he doing in the ManCity goal?!? He did not go for the header nor did he put pressure on Foden. He was just standing and watching.

I have had it with him this season. He has cost us SO MANY TIMES this season.

In my eyes Sanchez 2018/19 has been the worst season by any senior CB since Kaboul left. He has not taken a step back. He has been running a marathon backwards really. Last season he was solid and dependable - this season - full on headless chicken who has granted opposition players AT LEAST one good chance (if not goal) in 90% of games this season.

I mean I would not be concerned if it would be his first season and he would be improving. But he has regressed and trend is still rahter worsening then getting better.

His form this season is really worrying, if he hadn't cost us £42m I think he would already be on the chopping block. He has done the basics completely wrong all season, we seem to concede a headed goal every single time he plays.

Poch even moved him out of the central position in the 3 and onto the right side but still he let us down. We shouldn't give up on him yet but he needs to show massive improvement next season, at the moment he is playing like a West Ham defender.

For me, if we concede this type of header with a back 3 then nobody really deserves praise. It was one of the easiest goals City will ever score.

We defended well aside from that but I can't ignore that kind of error. You just can't concede this goal when you play with 3 centre backs. That system seems to bring out the worst kind of laziness in our defence when it comes to crosses, we don't attack the ball with the same aggression that we do when we only have 2 CBs.

That system seems to bring out the worst kind of laziness in our defence when it comes to crosses, we don't attack the ball with the same aggression that we do when we only have 2 CBs.
That's my gut feeling-if I don't do my job, someone else will cover me. It was too easy for Silva to get his cross in. But Alderweireld inexplicably steps up, and Sanchez doesn't know whether to go with Foden or Aguero and finds himself in no man's land.

He was excellent today.

You can't blame him for the goal, ridiculous! It's a collective mistake:
a) no pressure on the ball to prevent the cross,
b) Toby stepping up out of defence (now this could be argued it's Sanchez fault for not stepping up in-line with Toby BUT we will never know who made the call, if anyone. Maybe also it's for Gazza to call, often you here Hugo call for his team to step up didn't hear him call).
c) Gazza, get's sucked towards the ball from the cross towards Aguero, so Foden has an almost empty net to head into.

He and all of our back 3-5 shut City out for most of the game. Thought he won all his 1v1's (The goal was a 2v1).

That's my gut feeling-if I don't do my job, someone else will cover me. It was too easy for Silva to get his cross in. But Alderweireld inexplicably steps up, and Sanchez doesn't know whether to go with Foden or Aguero and finds himself in no man's land.
Toby can't play in a back 3, blatantly clear

Could you try to support that view please?
His positioning is all over the place. Whether to step out, whether to stay in. Whether to drift , who to pick up etc.

I've said it before, Toby has been very average this season and it was him who came very close on separate occasions to putting us out of the CL.

The goal wasn't his fault, but how many times did he got beaten by WH player? Fucking shit, I'm sorry, every time he plays, I feel like we're eventually concede a goal. Not good enough.

Back
Top Bottom