Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sanchez at the moment is not top 4 . Doesnt have the tenacious technical ability of a Tony or Jan.
Really as we have so little dosh l don't understand why we signed him as other postions required urgency . We have Dier which can fill in at the back and honestly he's better there than midfield
It's very odd to put so much cash into a position that really is covered when central midfield was desperate for real quality . l have given up with the full backs .
We haven't bought well , with really nobody ever improving the team of 3 years ago.
Know we have given up.

I've said all season that he has been getting away with murder, Foyth is very unlucky that his mistakes have been punished brutally while Davinson has doddered his way through games without too many people noticing.

I have full confidence that he will become a top defender for us but he's certainly having a tough second season. For me he needs to use his physical power and stature much more, he needs to look at what Van Dijk is doing for Liverpool. He needs to dominate opponents but too often he seems to go flimsy in crucial moments. The header that led to the Ramsey goal just can't happen.

I think he’s had a tough season but is clearly a classy player, he’s still a kid as well

He’ll improve massively under Poch and be a huge player for us in the future
It's second season syndrome combined with not as steady game time as he had in his first season.

He's a fantastic prospect and will grow with time.

I like him, but I think people view him as this monolithic man. He is cut, but his lower body is extremely thin. That is why he doesn’t win a lot of his shoulder charges. He is trying to be physical, but he is losing those battles, which results in his mistakes.

For me he needs to look no further than Verts to learn from. Use his class and positioning to win his battles and stay away from the brute force method.

I like him, but I think people view him as this monolithic man. He is cut, but his lower body is extremely thin. That is why he doesn’t win a lot of his shoulder charges. He is trying to be physical, but he is losing those battles, which results in his mistakes.

For me he needs to look no further than Verts to learn from. Use his class and positioning to win his battles and stay away from the brute force method.

100% that he needs to learn angles, distances from opposition, learn tact to add to his natural ability. For me he needs to learn the following:

1. Risk/ reward when to lunge in or stand off
  2. Understand his job can sometimes be helped by ushering opposition into areas to allow for teammates to get back into position
  3. Learn the importance of the 0 - 5 yard space and when to offer it to the opposition. Sometimes it is better to let the opposition face you, you need to know the danger of he lay off and where that leaves you etc
  4. Learn to read the game better from the back. He needs to analyse danger away from where the ball is more
  5. Needs to be in less of a rush to win the ball back. A game of football lasts for 90 minutes not 90 seconds. Trust that you'll get opportunities and don't crash into fouls as the experienced defenders will lap that up and use it to kill the game even more so.
He's got a lovely style and when he's on song he's a pleasure to watch but I want to see him grow into a man, a more mature and responsible footballer. Pretty soon he'll be our first choice defender, he needs to act like one and be a real leader of men at the back and to help support the team by learning how to weather the storm from time to time

I know he fucked up for their goal but I thought he played well at the back. Yes he's still young and learning but I'd honestly have him in front of foyth ATM. He's speed alone is well worth it.

Against the Chavs he had Higuaín on toast, it was easy for him. He lost one header all night and that was in a non-essential part of the pitch that Trippier and Hugo turned into their own private sideshow. He's handled fast and tricky players and big strong players in the past. His one thing is consistency and a bit of concentration. He needs a strong leader beside him.

I remember Ledley's first few seasons. Made similar mistakes, of which diving for shin height headers were a common one. It wasn't until he learnt to read the game a bit better that he calmed down and made the right decisions.

Sanchez is a decent player and a very good prospect. Foyth looks much close to Jan, is excellent on the ball and can really drive forward. I feel if we can get another couple of seasons out of Jan and Toby with these youngster leaning along the way we will be in a good place

oj8iE9.gif

Back
Top Bottom