Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...Yet we have had good success in trying Dier & Sissoko in new roles (Bale in the middle anyone? Ditto Modrich....). Don't get me wrong, if I see us field a team of square pegs in round holes, I'll be weary as fuck about it, but if the gaffa believes player X can work in Y role then I'm intrigued to see how switch pans out.
Players have been converted from their “original”
Position for decades.
Add Danny Rose to your list and countless others.
I see Foyth as a potential upgrade on Dier in DM.
And if Poch sees it that way, & an opportunity arises, he will try him there.
Poch absolutely loves a versatile player.

Feels like he has gone backwards this season.

Hoping it’s down to the injuries and less game time he’s had because he doesn’t inspire confidence at the moment- looks like he has a mistake in him every game.

Foyth looks the more promising prospect at the moment

Feels like he has gone backwards this season.

Hoping it’s down to the injuries and less game time he’s had because he doesn’t inspire confidence at the moment- looks like he has a mistake in him every game.

Foyth looks the more promising prospect at the moment
Second season syndrome. Opponents have had a year to adapt to him. He'll grow out of it with time, experience and game time

He looks like the £8,000,000 player and Foyth looks like the £45,000,000 signing.

He's still only 22 years old though and has plenty of years on his side. I just can't believe how poor he is in the air and how weak he seems to be. The guy looks like he should be barging people off the ball left, right and centre. Maybe he's just worried that too much force would equal a foul? I don't know.

But that's two games in a row that he's played now where he's been bullied. Ryan Babel and Jeffrey Schlupp too. Right now, he's fourth choice centre back.

Yeah, have to agree that he's looked a bit iffy this season. Has always had a mistake in him, but fair enough - every young CB makes mistakes. However, I expected some signs of improvement but he has looked more suspect.
One thing he really needs to do is toughen up when it's shoulder-to-shoulder - gets barged off the ball far too easily for a man of his size

I think he needs time on the pitch to get his rhythm and confidence back. Been out for a while. He will be fine. Sanchez and Foyth are our rocks once Toby and Jan leave

He looks like the £8,000,000 player and Foyth looks like the £45,000,000 signing.

He's still only 22 years old though and has plenty of years on his side. I just can't believe how poor he is in the air and how weak he seems to be. The guy looks like he should be barging people off the ball left, right and centre. Maybe he's just worried that too much force would equal a foul? I don't know.

But that's two games in a row that he's played now where he's been bullied. Ryan Babel and Jeffrey Schlupp too. Right now, he's fourth choice centre back.
There is a player in there. Lacking a bit of confidence or self belief maybe? He was phenomenal against England in the world cup.

I do worry when he lets the ball bounce though. Still learning. I have faith.

I think he needs time on the pitch to get his rhythm and confidence back. Been out for a while. He will be fine. Sanchez and Foyth are our rocks once Toby and Jan leave

Considering not a single one of them can play left sided centre back, I assume if we end up signing a new centre back it'll be to replace Jan Vertonghen (Joachim Andersen linked), and that Foyth and Sanchez will compete for the other position.

He's a form player from what we saw last season and due to injuries and Toby's presence, his opportunities have been slim. His performances have put his weaknesses, his poor use of lower body and positioning, under the microscope, the latter being a weakness only improved through game time and form. When against strong opponents it is continually his lower body that fails his upper body. He is cut, but he really is a slim dude. He is large in the shoulders, but has a skinny waist, which I believe results in many of his unsuccessful shoulder-to-shoulder duals.

I still think we have our two future CBs and that all our finances should be solely used on CMs and FBs and Attack

My issue with him isn't his strength etc as I do think his youth needs to be considered when looking at things overall but his awareness and tactful behaviour. He's very crash bang & wallop which is great but it leaves him open to a quick flick and he's fucked.

Toby is a great example of this, he knows when to attack the ball, when to stand five yards off, where to show someone onto their weak side, how to shepherd a player into an area that allows the rest of the team t regroup etc. I need to start seeing some poise, finesse and guile added to Davinsons brute. I want him to become smarter and to realise it's as much to do with up top as it is on the floor if you get what I mean. Those Italian defenders make legendary status with the dark arts, Davinson needs to read danger and what danger is and how to nullify it to the best of his and the teams needs to grow into a real player but he is young, he needs to believe and work on what it takes to become Magnificent but the tools are there, it's just about how much he can grow the wily ways to become that wow footballer we all want him to be

Super player in an average period.

FFS, we don't look like scoring is our buggest fcuking issue followed by a lack of midfield control which means our defence is under more pressure and being exposed more than it has been for the last 3 or 4 years.

Sanchez is nowhere near as good as Toby or Vertonghen. Really could not understand how many were happy for him to replace Toby as first choice in the summer rather than buy a replacement if Toby had gone.

Sanchez is nowhere near as good as Toby or Vertonghen. Really could not understand how many were happy for him to replace Toby as first choice in the summer rather than buy a replacement if Toby had gone.

Because Foyth is the successor to Toby.

If we sign a centre back in the summer, it'd be to replace Vertonghen.

Last summer Sanchez was being promoted as the replacement. Sanchez has worried me ever since he was bullied off the ball by Rondon to score against us for WBA last season.

And Foyth has overtaken him...

Either way, they will both go at it to be starting choice next season alongside Vertonghen.

Back
Top Bottom