Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he was great today especially in the second half, didn't let mitrovic provocate him, very cool headed, even when he got yellow for getting atacked by mitrovic. :ledley:

He was poor in the first half.

But was a lot better in the second half, probably because we had a lot more of the ball and weren't troubled as much. Stuck up for himself though against Mitrovic and got a harsh yellow card for doing nothing wrong.

The first half was Squillaci level, he couldn’t handle Babel and Mitrovic and got bullied. Second half was less embarrassing but only because Babel got hooked and Fulham retreated into their own penalty area. He never had a handle on Mitrovic at all.

Props to him for not getting sucked into Mitrovic’s antics but defensively he was shite. Big improvement needed from him.

Poor game again overall. Sure, I agree that 2nd half was much improved, but what was the main reason behind that? We just played better, moved ball better and gave them less chances (so he had a lot less work).

I do not remember him having a game in last few months where he wouldn't have made a significant mistake (or few), today at least 2 of his antics would have ended as goals if opposition attacker would have been better.

Last season he seemed super solid and composed. Right now he is behind Jan, Toby and Foyth for me. I have to say I am worried. But hoping that he will turn it around as soon as possible.

There was a moment in the second half where Fulham crossed the ball to the penalty spot and for some inexplicable reason he let it bounce and almost let them score, he's doing daft things like that way too much. Needs to go back to basics and impose himself.

When we play 3 CBs with him in the middle we shouldn't be struggling so badly to defend long balls and crosses. It's been a long time since he really bullied an opponent, someone of his stature should be winning most of his duels, not getting caught under high balls and repeatedly getting caught the wrong side. Of course he's young for a CB but we should hold him to high standards after last season, especially as he's the most expensive player we've ever bought. I genuinely think Foyth has been better than him this season, Davinson is very lucky some of his errors have not been punished.

That yellow was a piss-take. I rate Sanchez highly. Which one of our CBs would do best in CM in a 4-4-2?

Alderweireld and Vertonghen have both played DM at a professional level. Alderweireld has even played there in the Premier League with Southampton.

But Foyth definitely. He's excellent on the ball, can pass it well and young enough to progress in the role.

Sanchez less suited more than anyone.

If we ain’t signing a DM in this window (& it looks unlikely) we could do worse than stick Juan in there for a while. We would have a very strong defensive spine and as folk are saying, Foyth looks a very cultured player. In fact, we are defending a very slim lead in the League cup semi, & playing him in the DM role wouldn’t be the worst idea. Seek and destroy mission on Hazard, without risking a penalty or 2

If we ain’t signing a DM in this window (& it looks unlikely) we could do worse than stick Juan in there for a while. We would have a very strong defensive spine and as folk are saying, Foyth looks a very cultured player. In fact, we are defending a very slim lead in the League cup semi, & playing him in the DM role wouldn’t be the worst idea. Seek and destroy mission on Hazard, without risking a penalty or 2
I would play both as much as possible. Don't let Foyth get stale (e.g. Llorente)

Nah, but we have three world class centre-backs and we are short in defensive midfield. Sanchez is good enough to replace a Sissoko role for example.

We don't know this though... Main thing that springs to mind is can he match MS's engine?

A CB will typically do far less running over 90mins than a B2B midfielder (notably we don't play MS as a DM).

Nah, but we have three world class centre-backs and we are short in defensive midfield. Sanchez is good enough to replace a Sissoko role for example.

Play people in the positions they're used to. No experiments. This isn't FIFA.

We have recent experience of trying to play Son as wingback with disastrous results. (Oh, and Harry in goal!).

Play people in the positions they're used to. No experiments. This isn't FIFA.

We have recent experience of trying to play Son as wingback with disastrous results. (Oh, and Harry in goal!).

...Yet we have had good success in trying Dier & Sissoko in new roles (Bale in the middle anyone? Ditto Modrich....). Don't get me wrong, if I see us field a team of square pegs in round holes, I'll be weary as fuck about it, but if the gaffa believes player X can work in Y role then I'm intrigued to see how switch pans out.

Back
Top Bottom