Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3 players. 2 Positions. 4 competitions.
It's fine.

Overly simplistic thinking (+ we have 4+1 if you consider Foyth & Dier).

In simple terms, from a Spurs perspective, yes, (although no-one is suggesting we have TOO MANY CBs), BUT...

A similar scenario was little consolation to Walker the spring before last.

As for Dav, we're talking a player that opted for gametime over the glamour of Barca... If that gametime dries up the concern is he'll become disenfranchised and/or we'll disrupt his development and jeapardise our £40m investment.

No sense us burying our head in the sand.

Overly simplistic thinking (+ we have 4+1 if you consider Foyth & Dier).

In simple terms, from a Spurs perspective, yes, (although no-one is suggesting we have TOO MANY CBs), BUT...

A similar scenario was little consolation to Walker the spring before last.

As for Dav, we're talking a player that opted for gametime over the glamour of Barca... If that gametime dries up the concern is he'll become disenfranchised and/or we'll disrupt his development and jeapardise our £40m investment.

No sense us burying our head in the sand.

Nah mate, yours is over-complicated thinking. None of our CB's can play every game, nor will they.

I'm not counting Foyth or Dier because we're taking about the 3 main CB's and the 2, sometimes 3 positions they will fill.

There's plenty of game time for everyone and we shouldn't need to sell anyone to placate anyone else.

Nah mate, yours is over-complicated thinking. None of our CB's can play every game, nor will they.

I'm not counting Foyth or Dier because we're taking about the 3 main CB's and the 2, sometimes 3 positions they will fill.

There's plenty of game time for everyone and we shouldn't need to sell anyone to placate anyone else.

Not all. All you're looking at is the number of bodies.... There's a plethora of detail you're glossing over.

Again: Walker?

Not all. All you're looking at is the number of bodies.... There's a plethora of detail you're glossing over.

Again: Walker?

What, like the fact Sanchez is 22, has just signed a 6 year contract and would rightly be destroyed by his manager if he started complaining about not starting every game?

Sanchez knows there are senior men ahead of him, he knows he's got time on his side, he knows he's got a manager who has faith in him, and he knows that there are around 50+/- games to be played over a season.

To be fair, Walker is a bad example for you to use because in Walkers first 2 seasons at the club he only made 3 appearances...yet still stayed for a further 6 years!

Honestly, if Sanchez feels disenfranchised after playing 48 games across one and a bit seasons, he isn't the right player for us.

What, like the fact Sanchez is 22, has just signed a 6 year contract and would rightly be destroyed by his manager if he started complaining about not starting every game?

Sanchez knows there are senior men ahead of him, he knows he's got time on his side, he knows he's got a manager who has faith in him, and he knows that there are around 50+/- games to be played over a season.

To be fair, Walker is a bad example for you to use because in Walkers first 2 seasons at the club he only made 3 appearances...yet still stayed for a further 6 years!

Honestly, if Sanchez feels disenfranchised after playing 48 games across one and a bit seasons, he isn't the right player for us.

Also, anyone seriously believing that he's better currently than Vertonghen or Alderweireld needs to take their rose tinted glasses off. He's got a lot of potential but he needs to learn tact and awareness in many areas of his displays. As strong as an ox but sometimes is too over zealous in his desire to win the ball and will frequently get caught out because of it. He needs time to mature and at the moment, playing four at the back he's behind Toby & Jan so the decision is the right one

Generally a fan of his, but tonight his nerves whenever one of City's front three were anywhere near him were so obvious. Hence so many wobbly backpasses. I hope that with maturity comes a more level head, because that's going to cost us sooner or later.

Generally a fan of his, but tonight his nerves whenever one of City's front three were anywhere near him were so obvious. Hence so many wobbly backpasses. I hope that with maturity comes a more level head, because that's going to cost us sooner or later.

I personally thought tonight was his best performance of the season.

Also, anyone seriously believing that he's better currently than Vertonghen or Alderweireld needs to take their rose tinted glasses off. He's got a lot of potential but he needs to learn tact and awareness in many areas of his displays. As strong as an ox but sometimes is too over zealous in his desire to win the ball and will frequently get caught out because of it. He needs time to mature and at the moment, playing four at the back he's behind Toby & Jan so the decision is the right one

Don't agree at all.

Toby has been haphazard for a while, doesn't seem to challenge for headers and backs off his man. Also his awareness of someone coming from his side is shocking at present.

Dav is as you say over zealous at times, but against a speedy player he's our only defender that can cope. Add to that his heading ability and his powers of recovery and he's currently our best defender and by a distance.

Lets see Foyth in action to see if we should be looking at a new defensive pairing.

Don't agree at all.

Toby has been haphazard for a while, doesn't seem to challenge for headers and backs off his man. Also his awareness of someone coming from his side is shocking at present.

Dav is as you say over zealous at times, but against a speedy player he's our only defender that can cope. Add to that his heading ability and his powers of recovery and he's currently our best defender and by a distance.

Lets see Foyth in action to see if we should be looking at a new defensive pairing.

You haven’t a fucking clue what you are talking about. Toby is light years ahead of Sanchez

Don't get me wrong, I thought he was good. My post was probably a little negative. I just think his nerves are going to be latched onto by our opponents. For his age he's doing tremendously well.
I thought he was our best player last night. Not saying he's a better player than Toby but he was last night. He is the future and I would be more upset that he moved on than if Toby did TBH. Time waits for no man and we have seen the best of Toby in his last few seasons.

Back
Top Bottom