David Ginola

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Legend, he loved playing for us and Graham the cunt got rid of him.

He was just now on Talk Sport saying that they were the best years of his footballing career. He loved us (the fans) and was exactly the type of player we adore, a fantastic dribbler of the ball with silky ball control and a great crosser.

He still loves us.

I loved the fact Ginola played for us and says that he had his best years as a footballer with us. I am surprised he does not mention his time at Newcastle with a lot more affection, they paid some of the best football during his time there and came close to actually winning the league.

The highlight of his times with us was 'that' goal against Barnsley, winning the League Cup and fighting a relegation scrap almost every season he spent with us. Also two managers Gross and Raincoat Man who did not appreciate his artisan footballing skills.

Yep agreed, that Barnsley goal was bloody amazing and was included on the video.

For all that I love about our current team, wouldn't you just love a Ginola/Gazza type player in our team. Sadly they seem to be a dying breed.

Lot of time for him. He always talks about Spurs as 'us' as Darren Anderton and Micky Hazard do - despite as said maybe enjoying more success at Newcastle. Maybe it was because they 'only' came second despite being 10 points clear in January 1996. He didn't get on with Dalglish either. Not sure if it was the culture at ours, the fans or the fact that he won a trophy. But either way, very grateful for it.

Lot of time for him. He always talks about Spurs as 'us' as Darren Anderton and Micky Hazard do - despite as said maybe enjoying more success at Newcastle. Maybe it was because they 'only' came second despite being 10 points clear in January 1996. He didn't get on with Dalglish either. Not sure if it was the culture at ours, the fans or the fact that he won a trophy. But either way, very grateful for it.
Not sure why someone would prefer Spurs?????
That's a banning offence!!!!

He's supersonic, he's our french jew.
david-ginola_f633c77.jpg

Whilst he was a total wing wizard, much like Bale in more recent times. Would these types of players fit into our current system? Is it in part due to their mercurial talent upsetting the balance of our hard working team ethic? We do sometimes need that game changer in our team. However when I look at our squad of players, it's more towards a cohesive unit than a team of just 1 or 2 talented individuals who'll always win you matches.

Saying that prime Ginola in our team today instead of Lamela, Son or Chadli :dierno:the sexy French b*****d!

Last edited:
Loved watching Ginola. At the time he was the stand out in a very ordinary squad and was the only player since gazza in his pomp who would genuinely get the crowd excited when he got on the ball.

A simply brilliant player. One of the best I have ever seen. On par with Waddle, Hoddle and Ruel Fox ( the last one is a joke ) truly great player & despite what they might both think of each other Graham did get the best football out of him the season he got the PFA & writers player of the year.

The 97-00 period was largely utterly awful, but for me, at least I can say we had Ginola !

My second favourite player of all time! Always liked him, even when he was at the Toon, and was one of the best days ever when we signed him. I went to Barnsley for the cup game, had to take two days off as the game had been postponed from the Saturday, due to the weather. But totally worth it!! He had an aura about him that made such a special player. He worked harder than a lot of people gave him credit for. Everyone who saw him live felt that anticiaption and excitement everytime he got the ball. I love it that he still loves us. J'adore Daveed xxx

During Graham's tenure Ginola was virtually the only thing worth watching

Why oh why did Sugar appoint that cunt???

:soldadowatch:

Sugar was trolling us, getting him in. We know now how much disdain he had towards the club. Just a businessman sucked into buying the club. He never enjoyed being our chairman and had no time for Carlos Kickaballs. Look at us now.

Because Sugar was a prick who simply did not understand football. If he understood football he would never had appointed Graham.

Being honest Graham never offended me a great deal. At least he was not Gerry Francis and had a track record of merit. But there is really no way it can be justified then or now as the right appointment for Spurs.

Just to add some balance though and we all have the benefit of hindsight, but sugar took over a club that had been run into the ground by the previous regime for years.

Sugar was quite right about the Carlos kick a ball comments, he could see the emergence of player power being detrimental to the clubs and sorry to say, but as great a player Klinsmann was, he left a sour taste with me when he decided to go so early.

Sugar did go through all the managerial cliche types, the previous playing heroes like Ardiles, who was tactically inept, Francis was a great coach, but did not know how to handle a big transfer budget, Gross was our answer to Wegner being appointed and Graham old school. I didn't hear many complaining when we sat top of the league and won the league cup. That said Graham was always on a hiding if results or performance s didn't work out.

Enic have taken 15 years to get us to this point and have been through as many managerial types as the answer to our success. It was only after the Santini fiasco when Jol was given the job by default that our fortunes slowly started to change, even though the disastrous appointment of Ramos delivered us a trophy! Bizarre

The only bright spark during some dire times. Proper leg end and everything that Graham wasn't. Some of you really have no idea how bad it was during that period!

First post here. Have been reading around a bit and saw this. I had the fortune to see him live in a home game v Villa and virtually all attacking moves went via him. Crowd loved it! I believe we had Ferdinand and Armstrong up front at the time and we won that game.Very much a stand out player of our squads in those seasons

He was just now on Talk Sport saying that they were the best years of his footballing career. He loved us (the fans) and was exactly the type of player we adore, a fantastic dribbler of the ball with silky ball control and a great crosser.

He still loves us.

Listened to that show. He really tore into Sugar, one of the most insufferable people on Earth, for allowing Graham to sell him. Just for Graham to leave anyway.
Piers Morgan was also on the show ( see Sugar's description) and presented a strong argument for sacking Wenger.
Sugar was as insufferably arrogant, as usual.

He still loves us.

Barcelona wanted Ginola (dream move) when he was at Newcastle but Keagan wouldn't let him go, promised him the earth to stay and then left himself mid season, as he did. Spurs gave him that opportunity to play football the way he wanted to play. Unfortunately GG came along and didn't like him . I think he then went to Villa and struggled to play out his days.

Back
Top Bottom