Darren Anderton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I took Windy's tip on the Extra Inch to give the Quickly Kevin 90's Football podcast a listen. The Darren Anderton episode was terrific with great insights into his time with Spurs and England.

Anyway, it was referenced in the pod that he hasn't been given a testimonial by Spurs and I'm struggling to understand why. The man played more than 350 games for us despite his injury issues and when he was fit he was outstanding. We rightly praise Ledley King for being able to play with his knees but it seems like Anderton also gave us all he had for 12 years.

There is actually a change.org petition already started so I encourage you all to go sign it.
https://www.change.org/p/tottenham-hotspur-football-club-darren-anderton-tottenham-testimonial

His number of assist must have been high as well, one of the best crossers of the ball I have seen. Teddy Sheringham won the golden boot in his first season at Spurs with the majority of his goals coming from Dazza's crosses.

Dazza to Sheringham is the second highest assist/scorer partnership in epl history, i believe.

Was one of our bright lights in the dark days. Great goals and assists, just a shame about the injuries.

Also recall him shushing the Paxton end when they rounded on him calling him a greedy bastard for stalling on a new contract with united sniffing round. He stayed. The thing I remember about that was if the Paxton could be that loud when giving our player grief imagine if they got behind the team!

FrHC-36agAkYweY

Back
Top Bottom